Streetwalker apprecation thread

analogue

Proud Member
I love this song and i can't believe it was left off of the BAD album. I would have prefered if Streetwalker had been used instead of I Just Can't Stop Loving You. Don't get me wrong i love IJCSLY but i think that Streetwalker is the better song

I love this song as well, and I also think it shouldn't have been left off Bad. It would have worked much better than Another Part of Me, or Just Good Friends. :yes:

It could've taken the place of 'Just good friends', or maybe I'm saying that because I haven't listened to JGF very much, it could very well be one of my faves next week! LOL

But i LOOOOOVE IJCSLY, so I wouldn't take that off, but Streewalker is one of my faves, but you can't put Streetwalker and TWYMMF in the same cd cause they kind of have the same vibe, I think.

"YOU SEE I NEVER MET A GIRL JUST LIKE YOU......" love this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
It could've taken the place of 'Just good friends', or maybe I'm saying that because I haven't listened to JGF very much, it could very well be one of my faves next week! LOL

But i LOOOOOVE IJCSLY, so I wouldn't take that off, but Streewalker is one of my faves, but you can't put Streetwalker and TWYMMF in the same cd cause they kind of have the same vibe, I think.

Yeah I agree. Still, "Streetwalker" is a great song nonetheless and I love MJ's vocals in it.

Quincey said it was between Streetwalker and Another Part of Me to get on Bad.

They made the right choice I reckon.

Quincey said it was between Streetwalker and Another Part of Me to get on Bad.

They made the right choice I reckon.

yeh they made the right choice, but they should have fitted it onto the album later on when they included leave me alone to the bad album

I adore Streetwalker!!! It's great! One of his bests IMO! :yes:

i like the song but i woundn't take any song of bad to make room for it.

I love that song. I can't believe how they left it off Bad. Good thing we have the special edition. :)

Yeah..this song is great :yes: While listening I often think about holidays cuz I used to listen to it a lot in those days :D

Since it came down to between Streetwalker & Another Part of Me, it would have had to replace "Another Part of Me"...I wish they had gone with Streetwalker instead! MJ preferred it over "Another Part of Me", and it's a great song!
I do agree that it's like TWYMMF, so they should have put it on the next album, but they didn't :(
It's suchhh a great song...

Streetwalker could have EASILY replaced the likes of Speed Demon as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know much about making albums, but why is it that they didn't keep both Another Part of Me & Streetwalker if both were considered really good? Could they only have a certain number of songs on the album? An extra song wouldn't have done any harm!

I don't know much about making albums, but why is it that they didn't keep both Another Part of Me & Streetwalker if both were considered really good? Could they only have a certain number of songs on the album? An extra song wouldn't have done any harm!

Yeah, it would. I would think the record label would set a maximum length for the album.

And yes, Streetwalker is a fantastic song! I have to say I prefer Speed Demon though. If it was a choice of which song to replace it with I would have to say Liberian Girl or I Just Can't Stop Loving You. I can't listen to those songs. I really dislike them.

Streetwalker could have EASILY replaced the likes of Speed Demon as far as I'm concerned.

This is how I think too. Streetwalker is a new find to me as it wasn't on Bad (cassette!) way back when. I've never got Speed Demon the song (as opposed to the video, which I think is great). If Another Part of Me was the actual either/or choice, then it becomes trickier to choose which one is better. I agree Streetwalker has a similar feel to it than The Way You Make Me Feel but I don't think it would have been a problem to include both.

I love this song very much too, it's actually one of my favorites. I would have preferred it replace Speed Demon on BAD but I love both songs lol. I honestly don't think Michael has ever made a song that isn't good

Yeah, this song is absolutely his best seeing how he wrote and conducted it. I think there should be an extended version and maybe even a video, besides the fan one I made. I just think the way in which the instruments were layered is amazing and it sounds so delicious in the ear. MJ's best.

I love Streetwalker.
It's a shame they didn't add it to the album.
Nonetheless, it made it to the Special Edition :)

I love this song!!!!! If I feel like singing a Michael song , Streetwalker is the first that comes to my mind. I love the intro & outro of the song. I would love to be the girl he's singing about :D

its such a great pick for that album feel, i dont get what happened. it should have replaced Liberian girl.

yeh they made the right choice, but they should have fitted it onto the album later on when they included leave me alone to the bad album

"Leave Me Alone" was always on the Bad album, just not on the record and cassette versions. Back then, CDs just came out and they tried to get people to buy them by putting extra tracks on them (and saying they were indestructable, lol). It had extra space that wasn't available on vinyl & tapes, so "Leave Me Alone" was added. Many albums at the time also did this, such as George Michael's "Faith" , Al B. Sure!'s debut album, and Stevie Wonder's "Characters".

Back