Is It Scary or Stranger In Moscow?

• Is It Scary

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Stranger In Moscow

Votes: 26 78.8%

• Total voters

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Wich of these two songs are the best? Both are written by MJ around the same year and are very personal. I can say for myself that i honestly cant pick one,lol.

Last edited:
I like Stranger in Moscow better. I like Is it scary alot,also,but in SIM you can really "feel" his pain (especially at the end of the song,when he shouts "I'm living lonly!").

Both songs are great but Strangler in Moscow is better. I like to listen it very often.

I do love both of them very much. But Stranger In Moscow for me. You can feel the pain in Michael's voice; and the loneliness and isolation that he feels is presented in a less 'in your face' way than IIS. SIM is very relaxing ironically (due to the circumstances it was written in), and very comforting in a way- especially for people who feel lonely, scared or troubled. Michael captures the essence of these feelings so perfectly, and in such a unique way that it really strikes accordance with the listener. It has been one of the songs I've always listened to out of comfort over the years, and it has a special place in my heart.

I do love both of them very much. But Stranger In Moscow for me. You can feel the pain in Michael's voice; and the loneliness and isolation that he feels is presented in a less 'in your face' way than IIS. SIM is very relaxing ironically (due to the circumstances it was written in), and very comforting in a way- especially for people who feel lonely, scared or troubled. Michael captures the essence of these feelings so perfectly, and in such a unique way that it really strikes accordance with the listener. It has been one of the songs I've always listened to out of comfort over the years, and it has a special place in my heart.

This is exactly why in the end i had to choose Stranger In Moscow:)

Edit:

Still tho it wins by a small margin.. Very very small. In some kind of way it feels like michaels message of lonliness and isolation gets across more than it does in Stranger In Moscow. In SIM you have the end adlibs of him screaming (Im living lonley, im living loney baby)
but in is it scary he basicly screams through the entire song (Is it scary for you baby, am i scary for you?). He sounds so helpless and desperate,

'' am i amusing you or just confusing you, am i the beast you visulized ''
'' If you came to see the truth of purity its here inside a lonley heart ''
'' Masqurade the heart, its the height of hurting souls ''

IMO, Is It Scary is the better song lyriclly!

Two of MJ's best songs!

Last edited:
Big call on IIS being better lyrically! I have to say they are matched in that regard! Michael's references to Russia throughout the verses in particular are less literal and really do build a strong image in your mind.

'Armageddon of the brain'
'KGB was stalking me'
'Stalin's tomb won't let me be'

Both we can agree are pure pure poetry. Michael at his artistic peak :)

Big call on IIS being better lyrically! I have to say they are matched in that regard! Michael's references to Russia throughout the verses in particular are less literal and really do build a strong image in your mind.

'Armageddon of the brain'
'KGB was stalking me'
'Stalin's tomb won't let me be'

Both we can agree are pure pure poetry. Michael at his artistic peak :)

Most definitley!:) its such a shame Michaels later work gets overlooked..

Both great songs that I love much. But...SIM is what I voted for. There's just... a big echo in my heart when listening to it. Oh yeah, he definitely knew loneliness, isolation and desperation :( .

Love them both but I went with Stranger In Moscow. :) It's very personal and a gorgeous song.

Back