Story Behind MJ Broken Heart Stone

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...en-heart-stone&catid=85:latest-news&Itemid=82

mjstuff30.jpg

(27-1-2011) A unique piece of Michael Jackson memorabilia is about to be auctioned off in February. It is a 500 lbs. cement slab that's dated June 1984 and it features the hand print, footprints and autograph of the King of Pop.

Jackson was at the top of his career when the stone was created. Originally, it was made for the Walk of Fame project for the city of Las Vegas but that never materialized. So, the stone stayed hidden in the basement of the Riviera Hotel for more than two decades before being sold.

Owner of the stone, Andrew Wilson, explains how he came into possession of it. "I was at the right place, at the right time." The former five time international Kung Fu champion and Santa Maria resident had formed a business relationship with Jackson. He said, "I was very supportive of him during the trial." Wilson even wrote a letter of support for Jackson to a local newspaper. "I got word back from the people at Neverland that Michael had seen it and was very pleased about it," said Wilson.

Wilson says that on the day Jackson died, he arrived in Las Vegas and ran into some of those same people. He said, "People at Neverland knew me and said oh my gosh, I think Michael would love for you to have this." They put him in contact with the then-owner of the impression.

How did the cement slab get it's name? Wilson says, "You can actually look at his hand and you can actually see a heart print." The left palm print features a heart shape design with a crack running through it. That's how the name 'The Broken Heart Stone' came about. "A broken heart represents not only Michael but the fans that loved him," said Wilson. "I think it's kind of a statement to the world. 'Yeah, I died with a broken heart and I have fans who have a broken heart because of me.'"

'The Broken Heart Stone' is being auctioned by a company specializing in Hollywood memorabilia. The auction ends Tuesday, February 15th.

Source: MJFC / ksby.com

32262o300.jpg

32262c300.jpg

32262b300.jpg

32262e300.jpg

Last edited:
Guys we have a thread on this already. Also the information is in another thread as well.

i think his kids have more than enough stuff to keep their fathers memory alive in them. They don't need everything he did prior to dying. Plus, would u really want that if it was ur dead dads hand print..... i don't think i would, its a little macabre. That said, i want it =D i've had the pics of him doing this for years and always wondered what happened to it when the scrapped the walk of fame project.

Back