Stooges Movie...Larry, Curly, Moe

Sdeidjs

Proud Member
New 'Three Stooges' Movie In Works

Farrelly Brothers Breaking Film Into 20-Minute Shorts

POSTED: 8:39 am EST November 4, 2008
UPDATED: 10:38 am EST November 4, 2008

The Three Stooges are coming to the big screen thanks to the creators of "There's Something About Mary" and "Dumb and Dumber."

MGM said that the Farrelly brothers -- Peter and Bobby -- have been working on getting their Stooges movie made for about 10 years.

Their version is described as "slapstick with heart." The Hollywood Reporter said that the movie will be broken into four 20-minute shorts, like the original Stooges did in their early days.
The first short will depict the Stooges as kids.

MGM hasn't said who will play the iconic roles of Larry, Moe and Curly.
The Farrellys, who co-write and co-direct their films, most recent made "The Heartbreak Kid" with their "There's

Something About Mary" star Ben Stiller.

The brothers have also made such hits as "Kingpin," "Me, Myself and Irene" and "Shallow Hal."

The new Stooges movie is on a fast track to be in theaters Nov. 20 of next year.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

:punk:

Wow, really? This is cool news. There is a movie about them out now, but, in my opinion, it doesn't do them very much justice, or depict some things accurately. So this is nice that a new movie is being made.

My father hooked me on them at an early age. I miss them dearly, and haven't watched them in a long time. *note to self -- get ahold of Stooges DVD's STAT*

Thanks Sdeidjs!

Sounds interesting...I just hope they do them justice because I love the Stooges.

The first movie wasn't that bad so I hope this one matches that.

hmmm..I've never really watched the three stooges. I know my dad loves them and I-we ALL know that MJ loves them, lol
I'll have to check them out :yes:

Back