Stevie Wonder @ Rock&Roll Hall of Fame

crazy4umjackson

Proud Member
It was reported today that Stevie Wonder was one of the legendary artists to perform at Madison Square Garden last night for the 25th anniversary of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame special airing on HBO in November. Wonder payed tribute to his friend Michael Jackson with an emotional 'The Way You Make Me Feel'.

According to the AP, 'During one part in the chorus, Wonder stopped singing, bent his head and started to sob, but he quickly gathered his composure to finish the song, ending it joyously by leading the crowd with chants of "We Love Michael Jackson" and "Long Live Michael Jackson."' John Legend said of Wonder's performance that it "is very heartfelt, and you can see it, you can feel it."

Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTLLkHeyHw

Yea, when he started sobbing i got a lump in my throat as my eyes swelled with tears. Thats my fave song he sang. The way you make me feel. I want to catch it on TV

Aw stevie! so sweet!! :cry:

God bless stevie wonder that was so nice! John legend though........didn't he talk smack about MJ?

nah not really.... though I do remeber a comment that seemed kinda ignorant regarding his skin color, but I'm not even sure if it's true he said that.
I know they worked together back in 2007 and he got to hang out with him a few times.. doesn't really seem like he would have reason to talk smack about Michael.

i love Stevie Wonder and you gotta know that with so many people who truly loved MJ this is a very difficult time and hard to fully digest. i applaud Stevie.

I love stevie!! i saw his concert at the foxwoods last week and it was amazing. He did a ten minute version of "I can't help it" (he wrote that) and it was awesome!! Stevie is the ONLY person i accept singing Michael's song. He is honestly the only one i don't cringe at when i hear them try to sing Michael's

I love stevie!! i saw his concert at the foxwoods last week and it was amazing. He did a ten minute version of "I can't help it" (he wrote that) and it was awesome!! Stevie is the ONLY person i accept singing Michael's song. He is honestly the only one i don't cringe at when i hear them try to sing Michael's

lol yea same here. I honestly thought that during the american idol, the finale song adam and kris allen sang "man in the mirror" they just killed it.

Oh, I saw this, Stevie is another genius, what a talent!! not only that but he has one BIG heart, he really appreciates and shows his love and admiration for Michael, he respects Michael but overall he really loved Michael, he was a friend, a real friend, and what a talent, this is what great musicians do, they show their respect for a talent like Michael Jackson, sadly there are not many super talented ones anymore, Michael was one of them and he's gone. God bless Stevie, i love that man, what a good man, the world should have more people like him...

Oh, I saw this, Stevie is another genius, what a talent!! not only that but he has one BIG heart, he really appreciates and shows his love and admiration for Michael, he respects Michael but overall he really loved Michael, he was a friend, a real friend, and what a talent, this is what great musicians do, they show their respect for a talent like Michael Jackson, sadly there are not many super talented ones anymore, Michael was one of them and he's gone. God bless Stevie, i love that man, what a good man, the world should have more people like him...

I agree. I also love what he did at Micahel's service in staples center. he played "i never thought you leave in summer" but then he played the angry "they wont go when i go" i mean in there is anymore fitting song about Michael's hardships. I thought it was very cool that Stevie played that song.

Lyrics to "They Won't Go When I Go"

No more lying friends
Wanting tragic ends
Though they do pretend
They won't go when I go

All those bleeding hearts
With sorrows to impart
Were right here from the start
And they won't go when I go

And I'll go where I've longed
To go so long
Away from tears