Statements from Michael Jackson Estate - May 3, 2012

qbee

Proud Member
Add all official and public statements from the Michael Jackson Estate to this thread

Statements from Michael Jackson's Estate

May 3, 2012

'We are thrilled to bring Michael and Pepsi back together, as they were in 1988,
to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the BAD album and Tour and to put Michael
on one billion Pepsi cans – perhaps a Guinness record,"
"We're excited to see it all come to life."

co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson
John Branca and John McClain

Thank You Note To Fans

We want to thank fans for all their positive feedback on this morning’s announcement about the Pepsi deal. Michael did three successive deals with Pepsi, on the Victory Tour, the Bad Tour and the Dangerous Tour, so this extends a long and very successful relationship with the brand. Michael would have loved that we are making the record books with his image on a billion cans around the world. And the campaign will be a great kickoff to the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of BAD."

The Michael Jackson Estate

MAY 31, 2012

Gaz;3649893 said:
DATE: MAY 31, 2012
RE: BAD 25 RELEASE​

It is great to see the overwhelming support and excitement in the fan community for the upcoming BAD 25 release. A few questions have arisen regarding the Wembley concert DVD. Although the press release wasn’t the place for background details, here is more information:

• We know that Nocturne captured on Umatic tapes the footage projected onto the JumboTrons at the various concerts including Wembley. These tapes were turned over to Michael’s crew and we have confirmed with Patrick Kelly (who headed Michael’s film crew for the European tour) that everything from Europe was sent to LA to be put in Michael’s storage facilities. The same procedures were followed for the US shows.

• Unfortunately, record-keeping in the storage facilities was sporadic, at best, so we do not know what happened to a tape once it was sent for storage. In most cases, once a tape was pulled from the box it arrived in, it was not put back in the original box and where it wound up doesn’t always make sense. As a result, 25 years later not all of the Umatic tapes from the various shows can be located, notwithstanding that we have conducted an extensive survey of all of the storage facilities. So while we believe that the Umatic tape for Wembley was initially sent for storage, we have not been able to locate it. And with regard to the Umatic footage of other concerts, the audio is extremely problematic and therefore these concerts are unusable.

• We know that VHS copies of the Umatics were made when Michael wanted to view a particular concert, but because of the lack of record-keeping, we also didn’t know which concerts existed on VHS. We ultimately did find Michael’s personal VHS viewing copy of the Wembley show attended by Princess Diana and Prince Charles, but not the Umatic. Even finding this VHS felt like a miracle to us!

• So while we continued the search for the Wembley Umatic master, we also researched the audio recordings that existed from all of the concerts including Wembley. Fortunately, the Wembley audio recordings were made using a sound truck, and appear to be the only multi-track recordings from the tour. The other audio/visual recordings that exist, whether Umatic or VHS, are “front of house” mixes, and therefore there are no separate audio recordings that can be used to create a high quality listening experience. It is for this reason that the Wembley audio is the only one suitable to create a live album.

• If we were going to include a live concert DVD in the BAD 25 release package, we had only one choice, Wembley. And there were only two options for visual – the Umatics for a different show or the VHS for Wembley. It would certainly be less expensive for the Estate to be able to create a DVD from a Umatic tape than to spend the time and money to painstakingly restore/enhance the VHS footage, but then we would not be delivering a truly authentic experience and we truly believe that watching this concert with the high quality audio will create a magical experience for all the fans as it has for us. We ultimately chose a lab that has developed its own proprietary technology for doing this kind of work (including restoration for NASA of VHS footage) in order to make the visual experience the best it can be under the circumstances.

We also could have chosen to release the Japanese concert from the first leg of the tour as there is a master of that show; but that concert was essentially a reincarnation of the Victory Tour with only two songs – “Bad” and “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” – added at the end. It isn’t what we believe the fans would want.

We could have elected not to release a DVD as part of the BAD 25 celebration (and hold out hope that someday we might find the Umatic of the Wembley concert) or we could share with the fans the chance to relive that magical night with pristine audio. We made the decision to go with the latter and provide the fans with the most authentic viewing experience. We believe that the fans will agree it was the right choice when the package is released in September.

June 8, 2012

from Estates Twitter @mjonlineteam
From the Estate: We've just learned that Michael Jackson's new single, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"/"Don't Be Messin' 'Round", available exclusively at WalMart, is currently the top selling music title on Wal-mart.com and has a real shot at being #1 on the Billboard Single Sales Chart this week!! Sales will be counted 'til this coming Monday at midnight (local time in each market), so please urge everyone you know to grab a single at their local WalMart store or on the website, and let's get Michael's first single from BAD25 a #1 debut!! #BAD25

June 14, 2012

Michael Jackson's BAD 25th Anniversary Edition Already has its First #1 Single

The Estate of Michael Jackson along with Epic/Legacy Recordings announce: “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” / "Don't Be Messin' 'Round (demo)” CD Single Debuts at #1 on the Billboard Hot Singles Sales Chart.

(PRWEB) June 14, 2012
On June 5, the original first single from Michael Jackson’s landmark album BAD, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You," was re-released as a CD Single with a never-before released bonus track called "Don't Be Messin' 'Round (demo)." In its first week this Wal-Mart exclusive CD single was scooped up by fans, giving Michael a #1 debut on the Billboard Hot Singles Sales chart in a top five that includes Carly Rae Jepsen, Calvin Harris, Justin Bieber and Coldplay/Rihanna.

“I Just Can't Stop Loving You” was written and composed by Michael Jackson and performed as a duet with Siedah Garrett. The song became the first of five consecutive number-one Billboard Hot 100 hits from Jackson's BAD album. It also reached number one on the Billboard R&B and adult contemporary charts. “Don’t Be Messin’ Around” is a previously unreleased demo from the singer’s vaults which was recorded during the BAD sessions.
On September 18th, the Estate of Michael Jackson along with Epic/Legacy Recordings will release BAD 25, which includes three CDs, two collectible booklets, and features the first-ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD tour, the concert at Wembley Stadium on July 16, 1988 attended by Princess Diana, Prince Charles and a sold-out crowd of 72,000 fans.

More details on this and other exciting projects relating to BAD’s 25th anniversary will be announced soon.

June 18

Message for US fans trying to find the special edition Bad 25 Pepsi cans

From the Michael Jackson Estate : We are aware that fans in the U.S. have been having some difficulty locating the special edition Bad 25 Pepsi Cans. Pepsi would like you to know that Wal-mart is the retailer that has the most widespread distribution in the U.S., but as retailers vary by market, distribution may be uneven.

Pepsi invites you to call their consumer hotline for more information as the staff is equipped with information about the Pepsi cans. The hotline number is: 1-800-433-2652

JULY 10, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AWARD WINNING FILMMAKER SPIKE LEE IMMERSED IN
MICHAEL JACKSON DOCUMENTARY

FILM FOCUSES ON THE KING OF POP’S GROUND-BREAKING BAD ALBUM, TOUR AND VIDEOS TO CELEBRATE THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE ALBUM’S RELEASE

New York, NY – It was announced today that Academy Award nominated filmmaker Spike Lee, in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music, is in the final stages of post production of a Michael Jackson documentary focusing on Michael’s landmark BAD album and worldwide tour. The project marks the first ever in-depth, behind the scenes film project to chronicle a Michael Jackson album, and is being filmed amid the 25th anniversary celebration of the iconic album, record-breaking world tour and groundbreaking short films that changed music history. The documentary features over 40 interviews conducted personally by Spike Lee with Michael’s confidants, choreographers, musicians and other collaborators who collectively unveil the real story of this “coming of age” project through their vivid recollections of what it was like to work day in and day out and live this project with Michael. BAD’s lasting influence is captured through interviews with some of today’s top artists, including Kanye West, Mariah Carey, Cee Lo Green and Sheryl Crow, who was a back-up singer on the BAD tour.

The Michael Jackson BAD documentary joins an incredible body of Spike Lee documentaries including the Peabody and Emmy Award winning, When The Levees Broke: A Requiem In Four Acts and its follow up, If God Is Willing And Da Creek Don’t Rise, Kobe Doin’ Work, and the Oscar Nominated, 4 Little Girls. Lee directed both short films for Michael Jackson’s “They Don’t Care About Us” in 1996.

Spike Lee comments, “I’m more than just a huge fan of Michael Jackson, and having the chance to actually know him and work with him, I deeply care about his legacy. With this BAD project I was able to uncover just what made this such a huge, important coming of age in his career and unearth compelling stories surrounding the making of the album, the long awaited follow-up to Thriller – the best selling album of all time - the short films and the tour that may have never seen the light of day.”

Among the interviewees are Oscar-winning film director Martin Scorcese, Joe Pytka and other filmmakers who worked with Michael to bring the stories in his songs to life on the screen through short films that remain today some of the most vivid and creative storytelling by a musical artist as well as one of his Michael’s personal engineers, Matt Forger, who worked with Michael at the recording studio at Michael’s Hayvenhurst home where the songs first came to life, keyboardist Greg Phillinganes, who worked on the album and then the BAD Tour. Also shedding light on the BAD album, short films and tour are individuals like former CBS Head Walter Yetnikoff, as well as choreographers Jeffrey Daniel and Vincent Paterson.

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of The Estate of Michael Jackson comment, “Spike Lee’s genius as a storyteller combined with his passion and first-hand appreciation of Michael’s artistry makes him the logical filmmaker to tell the story of BAD. We are thrilled to be working with him on this unique project.”

The third and final album collaboration for Jackson and Quincy Jones, BAD launched a pivotal coming of age for the King of Pop as a performer, composer and producer. The album was #1 around the world, made history with five consecutive #1 singles on the Billboard chart, produced ten chart-topping singles, nine ground breaking short films and to date, the BAD album has generated over 45 Million units in sales. BAD was nominated for six Grammys and won two; the album earned Michael the first-ever Video Vanguard Award at the MTV VMA Awards. Songs on the original album are: “Bad,” “The Way You Make Me Feel,” “Speed Demon,” “Liberian Girl,” “Just Good Friends” featuring Stevie Wonder, “Another Part of Me,” “Man in the Mirror,” “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” “Dirty Diana,” “Smooth Criminal,” with “Leave Me Alone” added to the CD version of the album once released.

Spike Lee’s film supports the 25th anniversary of BAD, which will also be celebrated with the September 17th release of BAD 25, a must-have deluxe package featuring three CDs, two collectible booklets, and features the first-ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD tour, the concert at Wembley Stadium on July 16, 1988 attended by Princess Diana, Prince Charles and a sold-out crowd of 72,000 fans. A BAD 25 two CD standard edition featuring the original album plus the CD of demos and new remixes will also be made available as will a stand alone edition of the DVD and a picture disc of the original album.
More details on this and other exciting projects relating to BAD’s 25th anniversary will be announced soon.

www.MichaelJackson.com
http://www.facebook.com/michaeljackson
#WhosBAD​

Re: Statement from Michael Jackson Estate

Wow...must be the shortest statement on record.

Thank you Branca!!! Long Live the King.

clap.gif
YES! I hope the Bad Tour 88 dvd/blu-ray comes soon

qbee;3632522 said:
Statement from Michael Jackson's Estate

'We are thrilled to bring Michael and Pepsi back together, as they were in 1988,
to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the BAD album and Tour and to put Michael
on one billion Pepsi cans – perhaps a Guinness record,"

"We're excited to see it all come to life."

"We want to thank fans for all their positive feedback on this morning’s announcement about the Pepsi deal. Michael did three successive deals with Pepsi, on the Victory Tour, the Bad Tour and the Dangerous Tour, so this extends a long and very successful relationship with the brand. Michael would have loved that we are making the record books with his image on a billion cans around the world. And the campaign will be a great kickoff to the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of BAD."

co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson
John Branca and John McClain

YEAH!!! Especially the bolded part!!:clap:

TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Michael would love the guinness part if it is a record.

I hope they dont screw up the Bad Tour dvd/blu ray like they did with the Bucharest dvd ._.

BAD TOUR....Is a MUST as for the cans I want one!!!

Yay!!!

MJ/ Statement from the Estate

"We want to thank fans for all their positive feedback on this morning’s announcement about the Pepsi deal. Michael did three successive deals with Pepsi, on the Victory Tour, the Bad Tour and the Dangerous Tour, so this extends a long and very successful relationship with the brand. Michael would have loved that we are making the record books with his image on a billion cans around the world. And the campaign will be a great kickoff to the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of BAD."

Gaz;3632703 said:
MJ/ Statement from the Estate

Thank you Gaz, I will add this to the Top :)

Re: Statement from Michael Jackson Estate - May 2, 2012 [Updated]

Thank you MJ Estate. :angel: Thank you Qbee and Gaz. I really hope there is a Bad Tour released. There has to be. :dancin:

Does someone know if the can is coming to Norway?? Would be amazing news!

Great.

Can't wait for the tour to be released.

So far, so good. Can't wait to see what they put out. I'm quite excited now and looking forward to the Bad madness this summer. :D

Re: Statement from Michael Jackson Estate - May 3, 2012 [Updated]

Thank you so much Branca & Co.! I love that you are aiming for a Guinness record, because that would've excited Michael so if he were here. Thanks!

Bad Tour 88 has to be released this year.

I hope it will make it into the book of world records.

YES!!! I believe it will be a another Guinness World Record Breaker. I also believe the Bad Tour will sell fast and it will be on the Guinness World Records too for biggest selling concert DVD/Blu-Ray.

Let's hope he gets yet another record!

Happy that Michael is being respected and remembered forever.

oh please, please post the release dates and the cities/countries where the cans will be released. thanks! :)
and yep, definitely please release the bad tour too. i hope the people who run Michael's estate get to read all our excitement and consider the release of the bad tour on dvd/bluray too. :)

Estate is doing a fantastic work.

Very excited for this...I am so glad that Michael is being celebrated ...he deserves it...and as far as them releasing the bad tour on DVD....yup...VERY exciting....cant wait for all this..I just wish Michael was here to be excited about it with us..I know he is in spirit...I love you Michael...

Back