Starz to air Michael Jackson's 'This Is It'

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Thanks DI
Here is a direct lnk to the Starz website with a the preview
and the dates and times THIS IS IT will be shown
http://www.starz.com/titles/michaeljacksonsthisisithttp://www.starz.com/movie/thisis-it/

Saturday, June 19th
Starz 9:00pm

Sunday, June 20th
Starz 8:50am
Starz 5:15pm

Tuesday, June 22nd
Starz 1:45pm
Starz 9:00pm

Wednesday, June 23rd
Starz 11:15am

Friday, June 25th
Starz 8:07pm

Saturday, June 26th
Starz 7:20am
Starz 4:45pm

Thursday, July 1st
Starz 1:15pm

Last edited:
Starz is a movie network like HBO. It costs more money to have on your tv so normal people like me don't carry it. Eh well...

Interesting though that it's coming to networks barely a year after it's theatrical release.

Starz is a movie network like HBO. It costs more money to have on your tv so normal people like me don't carry it. Eh well...

Interesting though that it's coming to networks barely a year after it's theatrical release.

thanks. wouldnt one of the big channel lise ABC have bought the rights or doesnt it work like that in the usa. intrested to see when its shown in the uk and who by

I could've sworn MTV paid for the rights to air this in 2011......

In any case, I've got the STARZ channel, so I'll watch it again even though I purchased the DVD. Watched the DVD last weekend and got a bit emotional again.

Even though I own a couple copies of Michael Jackson's This Is It - I have Stars channels too. :)

thanks. wouldnt one of the big channel lise ABC have bought the rights or doesnt it work like that in the usa. intrested to see when its shown in the uk and who by

You're welcome :)

I'm figuring they did this because ABC is a network that comes on basic cable in the US - so everyone get's it pretty much. Starz is strictly a movie network that one must pay extra for to get each month. A LOT more, imo. So it's no surprise to me they get it first rather than ABC.

Someone also said MTV got the rights...I'm pretty sure that's true still. Starz just gets it first apparently. Aren't they both from Viacom or something?

That's usually how movies work these days.:(

It will be on Sky Movies on the 25th June I believe. Saw it in one of the magazines they posted in my house. Hopefully it will get the June front cover.

thanks for that jabz. guess it wont be to long till its on normal t.v. be intresting to see who buys it and the ratings/promo it gets. should be huge

If it's a pay channel i guess it makes sense to air it next month then. Still seems early though!

Oh yeah, this one is airing early, but the dvd came out pretty quickly compared to other films released around that time, so it makes sense it's airing this quickly. And the Starz channel is the quickest when it comes to airing their movies. I'm just grateful Showtime didn't get this film because they usually don't air their films until a year and a 1/2 after they were in theaters.

noticed that sky are already playing where the wild things are on sky movies. that was being advertisted as a comming soon when i went to see TII. so thats on tv prettty quick

Well I assumed by normal TV you meant terrestrial TV. Sky will have a contract to show it for however many years and I guess if ITV the BBC, Channel 4 or 5 decided to buy the rights to show it off them or something its gonna be a while. How often do you see a year old film on terrestrial TV so soon after release? They don't even have the rights to show Simpsons episodes made after 2004 or something like that, thats 6 years of simpsonsness! I didnt even know there was a new intro, lol.

About frickin time Starz got something worth a damn on their channel. My mum likes the crappy movies they usually air. The last good thing I saw on there was "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas", and that was like half a year ago!

Still, it's good that they plan on enriching their programming with a good dose of MJ. :)
I own the film already, so I don't really care for its airing on Starz, but I'm glad that people who don't own it yet will be able to watch it there.

Back