Star Gazing on MJ's bday- continuation from last year!

Stranger

Proud Member
Hi everyone:)

Not sure if you remember, but last year on MJ's birthday fans on this board had a unique get together!

We chose a time and played "Cry" whilst gazing at the night sky and its many stars. It was absolutely amazing. I can't describe the feeling of looking into the past (stars being millions of light years away) and knowing that all of us were doing the same at the same time. The song was perfect too, because of the lyrical content "If we all cry at the same time, tonight.."

It just fit the mood perfectly and I remember smiling and truly being happy for the first time since MJ's passing two months before. It also made me think of MJ's light still shining, keeping us together. The stars were so clear that night too.

So how about doing the same this year? It would be nice if we all did it at the same time, but then some people would be looking at the clouds instead of stars lol (time difference). So what if we just do midnight in whatever country we're in. Midnight is a special time anyway and we'll all be connected through it.

So at midnight (every time zone) we'll open the windows/go outside and listen to "Cry". We can send positive messages out there and say a prayer (if you want), asking God to look after Michael, look out for his children and mother, keep his legacy alive forever and also to help the fans deal with their own difficulties.

Here's the thread from last year:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73289

Please let me know if you think its a good idea. Thank you

I remember that from last year too and it was a great idea. Hope the weather is in a good mood in the UK though.

Cool! So I meant midnight on the Sunday night though...or do you think Saturday night is better?

I remember doing this last year and it was such a fantastic experience, never felt this way before in my life. I will defo be doing it again this year!

I remember doing this last year. Lovely idea. I will do it again this year as well. :flowers:

Happy (early) birthday, Michael.

Thanks

So just a show of hands...who thinks we should do it SATURDAY midnight (ie start of bday) and who thinks SUNDAY (ie end of bday)

Personally i think sunday is better because its the start of a new morning and 52 years ago that was Michael's first day in this world..

but lets have a vote and then confirm! Thanks everyone

Edited: I think Sunday night is better cos its the end of the day and we can reflect after our celebrations etc.

CONFIRMATION

DATE: 29TH AUGUST 2010 (although strictly speaking it will be the 30th)
TIME: MIDNIGHT (SUNDAY MIDNIGHT/MONDAY MORNING) IN ANY TIME ZONE
SONG: CRY

Lets make this better than last year guys! can people spread the message to other fan boards, off line fans etc? Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Great idea - for me Sunday - as there are so many celebrations throughtout I think it would be the perfect way to end his birthday for the year?

HI guys...it has been set now...no more changes or people will get confused..its sunday night.

REPOST:CONFIRMATION

DATE: 29TH AUGUST 2010 (although strictly speaking it will be the 30th)
TIME: MIDNIGHT (SUNDAY MIDNIGHT/MONDAY MORNING) IN ANY TIME ZONE
SONG: CRY

Lets make this better than last year guys! can people spread the message to other fan boards, off line fans etc? Much appreciated!

Hey guys! Tonight's the night! Have we all got our ipods/mp3s ready to play cry at midnight?

Hello everyone! I've decided to bump this thread back up from 2010 and see if everyone is up for doing this again? It was magical in 2009, and last year was great too, although less people participated. It's just a great way of fans coming together...

Who's up for doing this again?

All the details are in the first post...although this year Michael's birthday is on Monday I think

Back