Standees and Cardboard cutouts

SolidStateSurvivor

Proud Member
Just wondering who here has a promotional standee - either originally for store display or elsewhere. I personally have an original store display HIStory standee which is about 6 feet tall. Its the statue from the HIStory album cover and it has the large base at the bottom The says Michael Jackson HIStory like its engraved. I had to put the thing up because its so huge it makes EVERYTHING in my apartment (my bookcase, my coach, my TV) look like its its some tiny hobbit furniture. Il get it out reassemble it and post pics if i ever get the time.

Yeah I have the same, also from the Dangerous album & the Bad album I have 3 standup promo cardboard dolls. 1 from Dirty Diana, 1 from the Bad clip and the Dangerous doll is a photo of MJ on the Bad Tour but it says it is the Dangerous Album.

I also have a couple, including the huge History Statue, and one from the Bad era. I think I also have a couple of smaller counter stands too.

I found a US website the other day selling cardboard cutouts. I don't think they are official promo items, but they look pretty cool. I can try and find the site if anyones interested...?

Do you guys keep the History ones on display? I think if i lived in a house or something I might be inclined to but just the size of that thing!

Do you guys keep the History ones on display? I think if i lived in a house or something I might be inclined to but just the size of that thing!

I have to confess that mine has been stored in the attic of my parents house for many years - I'm not even 100% sure what condition it's in now :( I also have many official promo posters up there which I havent seen in ages!

You're right though, those stands aren't exactly subtle are they haha ;)

Put on some pics, guys. I would love to see them. I wish I had a huge statue of MJ, but the prices are insane.

I went ahead and dug it out of my closet - enjoy the pics!

img0558bf.jpg

Dont mind my decor - I know its a little Off the Wall

img0560bb.jpg

Here it is infront of my giant bookcase to give you an idea of scale - you can also see how it stacks up against DVD cases and LP covers.

Last edited:
wow nice one! i got a this is it one and one from allposters.com from the Bad era :) il post some pics later.

Wow that looks great !!

I got a This Is It stand and I love it, although I love yours more :lol:

Heres a pic of it with some of my collection on it :D:
DSC00023.jpg

heres what it looks like empty:
DSC00021.jpg

(sorry about the rubbish quality, taken off my old phone :lol:)

I also have a couple, including the huge History Statue, and one from the Bad era. I think I also have a couple of smaller counter stands too.

I found a US website the other day selling cardboard cutouts. I don't think they are official promo items, but they look pretty cool. I can try and find the site if anyones interested...?

MEEEEEEEE !!!! :lol:

Wow that looks great !!

I got a This Is It stand and I love it, although I love yours more :lol:

Heres a pic of it with some of my collection on it :D:
DSC00023.jpg

heres what it looks like empty:
DSC00021.jpg

(sorry about the rubbish quality, taken off my old phone :lol:)
Love it! Looks so much better than putting stuff randomly in the room.

What a fabulous collection. You have some great cutouts and pictures, and I like the fabric 'poster' (scrim?) behind the History cutout. And what is the small figure between the metal poster frame sections in the same photo ..is it a doll..a puppet?

Soulmum your room is like paradise!!! :wild: love it!!

man i really want a cardboard cutout so badly!

What a fabulous collection. You have some great cutouts and pictures, and I like the fabric 'poster' (scrim?) behind the History cutout. And what is the small figure between the metal poster frame sections in the same photo ..is it a doll..a puppet?

It is a marionette (puppet) which was bought in Prague. Pull the strings just right and he moonwalks. :yes:

Soulmum your room is like paradise!!! :wild: love it!!

man i really want a cardboard cutout so badly!

Thank you for all the nice comments from everyone. Most of the cardboard cutouts I have were all 'doubles' so some fellow fans got those spares. Nice to be able to share. :yes:

I have this!

It's still sealed. When I move I'm going to open it and stand it up :D
It's folded in half now. It'll be taller than me!

P4200003-1.jpg

P4200002-1.jpg

P4200001-1.jpg

P4200002.jpg

Thank you ..What a great idea....it'd be nice to have marionettes in different costumes...did they have 'bad' etc versions? I must look out for one (of any variety).

Hey guys, I was actually going to make a thread about the cardboard displays that you see in the shops. I have a few and will be putting them up on Ebay in the next week or so. IM in Melbourne Australia so they will only be available to people who can come and pick them up due to there size.

I have the Invincible cd display bin, Thriller 25 display cd bin and the MJ50 CD display bin. They take up a lot of room and room in something we need at the moment. I will post some pictures up here when I take some.

If anyone is interested then just email me at mnwlkr1@hotmail.com

Simon

SS102362.jpg

got this from my local sainsburys. not sure why as it lasted about 2 hrs b4 i put it under my bed. guess i saw it on a good day cause normally id try to not even look as stuff like this in a shop. tried to get a history cut out back in the day but the shop said it was going to some kids charity

I just got an email from the MJ webstore saying they have stand ups available now. :D I want one, but where on earth would I put it? lol

I WANT that HIStory statue though. That's amazing!

Just wow @ soulmum. I'd be deliriously happy in your room.

Back