Spike Lee: Remembering Michael Jackson Panel

Memefan

Proud Member
http://www.40acres.com/index.php?op...ichael-jackson-panel&catid=42:blog&Itemid=245

Last night the Clive Davis Department of Music sponsored a panel on "Remembering Michael Jackson" at NYU's Cantor Film Center. The panel, which included Spike, scholars, writers, artists and executives, discussed the legacy of one of pop music's greatest icons.

1. Clive Davis Department of Music presents "Remembering Michael Jackson"
2. The audience
3. Jason King, Clive Davis Department Artistic Director and author of The Michael Jackson Treasures
4. Harry Weinger, Grammy-winning VP of A&R for Universal Music Enterprises
5. Touré - Journalist, Alan Light - founding editor of Vibe Magazine and author of The Skills to Pay the Bills, and Daphne Brooks - Associate Professor at Princeton University and author of Bodies in Dissent
6. Touré
7. Margo Jefferson, Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times journalist and author of On Michael Jackson
8. Mr. Lee
9. Mr. Lee
10. Panel
11. Mr. Lee, Armond White - New York Press cultural critic and author of Rebel for the Hell of It and Jody Rosen - culture journalist
12. Panel
13. She's Gotta Have It hanging up on the 2nd floor of the Cantor Film Center

Note by Poster: There are a bunch of pictures on Spike Lee's website. Let's support him, because he has been a great defender & preserver of MJ's legacy

you can send a thank you tweet to spike: @40AcresBrooklyn

Thanks for this information! That's what I am talking about. Documenting discussion/debate is crucial for prosperity.

Spike has shown a lot of love and respect for Michael lately, good for him, I appreciate what he's been doing.

I'm a film major here at NYU and my friend and I wanted to go to this SO BAD! You had to RSVP early, but I guess I didn't RSVP early enough (even though I did within 3 hours after they announced the event...). Even though I'm upset that I didn't get to go, I'm sure it was an AMAZING panel. :D Major props to Spike Lee, spreading MJ's legacy.

thnx for sharing. I hope there is some video of this event soon. Spike Lee has been a awesome foot soldier for MJ's memory.

Thanks for letting us know. I thanked Spike through twitter.

I wish this stuff would be televised or shown on the web so we know what they talked about!

RESPECT!!

Things like this need to happen every year, every month, every day!

Michael....you will live forever.

Kudos to Mr. Lee and the panel for honoring Michael...thanks for the positivity.

Toure'?? hmmmm.

I'm feeling ya on that one :doh:

Anyway, I emailed Spike on his website to thank him for helping to spread Mike's true legacy. I, for one, am grateful for that. :yes:

Spike Lee is love!!

God Bless him for keeping MJ's legacy alive.

I hope Spike Lee makes a documentary about Michael. He's the right man to take on the media for Michael's lagacy.

Back