Special edition vs. Original copy

Koko

Proud Member
I have seen some MJ cd marked with special edition. What's the difference between this and the original copy. If I like to keep for collection, which one would be better? The first copy or the special edition? I have seen Off The Wall, Bad, Essential 3.0 (orange colour)... in special edition. And these still can be found on the music stores.

The special editions are the original album, but remastered, so the quality is better.

umm not really, the songs have been increased in volume and stuff, it's quite disappointing. That's the problem with remasters. Original songs are not as loud because they want you to turn up your volume to hear it clearly. "The Loudness War"

umm not really, the songs have been increased in volume and stuff, it's quite disappointing. That's the problem with remasters. Original songs are not as loud because they want you to turn up your volume to hear it clearly. "The Loudness War"

Thanks for your reply! Actually I have compared the "original copy" with the "special edition". The songs list are pretty much the same except "special edition" might have some additional features like photo book or add songs on the album. I have most of Michael's songs but in box set. So I would like to have his individual album disc. That's why I need to know which one should I go for. The "original" or "special edition" for collectors (beginner)!

A collector would buy both the original and special editions (several times over, and from different parts of the world). The prices of the originals are so cheap, I'd start there if I were you...

A collector would buy both the original and special editions (several times over, and from different parts of the world). The prices of the originals are so cheap, I'd start there if I were you...

Thanks for your advice. I've seen those huge collections from fans. I am stunning. Every countries have released different copies of album, some of them are really beautiful. I think I will start with the originals then...

Back