Soulja Boy gives shout out to slave masters

mj_brainiac

Proud Member
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2008-10-30/a-rapper-salutes-the-slave-trade/

One of the biggest songs in the country last year was an inane, sex-chant-infused Southern rap called "Crank That (Soulja Boy)," by young Soulja Boy Tell Em, from tiny Batesville, Mississippi, population 7,113. Soulja Boy Tell Em turned 18 this summer and is looking forward to voting for the first time. His monster hit song included repeated assertions of a cartoonishly absurd sex act: supermanning, or as he elaborated repeatedly in the song, "Superman that ho," which means to come on a woman's back and then put a sheet over her so it sticks to her back and she looks like she’s wearing a cape. Ridiculous stuff. He also chants repeatedly, "Supersoak that ho,” the meaning of which needs no explanation, given the neighborhood we're already in.

These are ludicrous suggestions that play into the Cro-Magnon conception of men using sex and sperm to attack and slay women. It's such a mean-spirited vision of sex that every time I heard the record I thought, I bet that before this came out, he was a virgin.

I asked him, “What historical figure do you most hate?” He said, "Shout out to the slave masters! Without them we'd still be in Africa.”

Last week in Atlanta, I got to interview Soulja Boy Tell Em. I found out just how young he really is. He was one of about ten rappers I interviewed in one day for my BET show, The Black Carpet. I decided it'd be fun to give all the rappers part of the Proust questionnaire. I thought it'd be a way to get beyond image and into who they really are. Most of the guys gave good, thoughtful, intelligent, sensitive answers. I asked Juelz Santana, “How would you like to die?” He said, "Loved."

Then came Soulja Boy Tell Em. I asked him, “What historical figure do you most hate?” He was stumped. I said, "Others have said Hitler, bin Laden, the slave masters..." He said, "Oh wait! Hold up! Shout out to the slave masters! Without them we'd still be in Africa."

My jaw, at this point, was on the ground."We wouldn't be here," he continued, having no idea how far in it he'd stepped, "to get this ice and tattoos."

Wow. Never mind that diamonds come from Africa. Never mind that there were many generations of pain in between leaving Africa and getting diamonds. Never mind that the long-term cataclysmic effects of subtracting about tens of millions of young, strong people from Africa over the course of a couple of centuries is a large part of the reason why Africa now appears so distasteful to you. Never mind all that, Soulja Boy. You put country first.
:doh::puke:

crude and controversial as it all may sound....it can be received how you like. not just in one way. you have to go thru a lot to get somewhere in life. soldiers died to make america great. and if slave masters think they got the last word..it could be that soulja is getting the last laugh at their expense. you can look at it any way you choose. don't know what was in his mind when he said it. but it's interesting to look at more than one possibility. perhaps soulja would like to make a triumphant trip back to africa. we don't really know.

Maybe he was being sarcastic, but who knows? Unless he gives some statement to that comment, it may turn a lil ugly. Still needs to get off the radio.

this boy is an idiot who cant even speak proper english. i aint gone lie i dance 2 sum of his songs ( i dont purchase that crap tho lol) but he is a fool. i cant stad him, he can yuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllll his ass off the damn planet 4 all i care.

(lol @ me not usin proper english either, hell this the internet not an interview lol)

this boy is an idiot who cant even speak proper english. i aint gone lie i dance 2 sum of his songs ( i dont purchase that crap tho lol) but he is a fool. i cant stad him, he can yuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllll his ass off the damn planet 4 all i care.

(lol @ me not usin proper english either, hell this the internet not an interview lol)

LOL youre silly

Oh, how i hope he fails.

me too - i DETEST his music.

God,that's not even music. I love music to much too call this crap of his music. So I detest his noise.

THE MOST irritating person this year,in my opinion.

Loads more, but THIS YEAR - he takes the prize.

Oh God, i cry for my poor generation. THIS is who they turn to for "good music", An incompetent boy who thanks slaves masters for "ice" and tattoos..:no:

crank that soulja boy is a terrible terrible noise that make humans ears bleed. its not even a song. just unbearable annoying noise that makes u wish u were deaf.

More than anything, I think he's just trying to take something so negative and turn it into a positive, whichever way he wishes to do that. No way in hell would a person say something like that to people who oppressed their ancestors, regardless of what ethnicity you are.

I really don't like Souljah Boy, but honestly the comment just made me chuckle. If a friend of mine said it, I would think nothing of it, and chances are most other people wouldn't either.

I was actually more annoyed at how pompous and school-teacheresque the writer of this report sounded.

I really don't like Souljah Boy, but honestly the comment just made me chuckle. If a friend of mine said it, I would think nothing of it, and chances are most other people wouldn't either.

I was actually more annoyed at how pompous and school-teacheresque the writer of this report sounded.

i agree with you about the reporter.

Man f*ck that stupid-ass, ICE-T hating, big forehead-ass, old "I ain't got a high school diploma"-ass nucca.

lol..but aint it funny? some guy gets a high school diploma in order to get Soulja's 'diploma'.(money)

i don't know too many people who get Soulja's 'diploma'..in order to get a high school one. lol

I asked him, “What historical figure do you most hate?” He said, "Shout out to the slave masters! Without them we'd still be in Africa.”

Souja Boy is a very sick individual. It is a choice to be ill informed and stupid and he made his choice. He respresents a lot of clowns in this world. This fool won the Fool of the Century award. No matter what you hink about this clown, you have to admit that he is distrubing. His music - dude, it is not even music, it is complete and utter trash. The dude is just talkinga bout some nonsense and made a few paper here and there. That is this fool's whole life - being a big time buffon.

Soulja boy actually said once in some interview, and I quote, "I know I'm wack"...now, I saw this on some hip hop website, I believe it was world star hip hop?

Anyway, he knows he sucks, and he does. He is not convinced that he is a great rapper/emcee, or that his music is quality. It's just crappy music to make people dance and get lots of money and groupies. He's enjoying his 15 minutes.

Honestly, he says stupid things (this article/interview a prime example), but I think he does it for attention, or to be funny. Who knows, he might have been high or something.

and he wonders why a line around the block can't stand his corny self? i mean dude might be able to sell records but that kind of statement is scary wrong IMO.

What a loser!! :eek:
Barely got out of his diapers and thinks he knows something....and oh my god, that lyrics...cant believe they didnt censor that song before it hit the radios...
what a bunch of crap...
Go back to school, Soulja, learn your own language and some of your country's and Africa's history! Also take a few classes on music, then u go back to music industry! :no:

Back