Sorry everyone BUT...

MichaelJackson

Proud Member
Sorry everyone BUT...

Sony wants to release new songs, yes, that's true, but believe me, you won't hear a new michael jackson song before a long time.

The plan of Sony is to release a best-of album with songs we already know...and only one new song will end up on this best-of album.

Every year or so, there will be best-of albums with the old song we've heard many times...and all we will discover is just one new song or two (if we're lucky).

Prepare your money everyone, because Sony is hungry for cash !!

NEXT ALBUM WILL BE :

Thriller
Billie Jean
Beat It
Bad
Man in The Mirror
**NEW SONG** (...maybe a song that has already been leaked on the internet)

And that's all...sorry...

How do you know this? If Sony do this, then I really don't see the point because there are plenty of greatest hits/compilation albums that are out that are all selling extremely well.

How do you know this? If Sony do this, then I really don't see the point because there are plenty of greatest hits/compilation albums that are out that are all selling extremely well.

Sony wants your money,

There is no point to sell a new album next month with all the best unrealeased songs !

We will have to wait...years !

And buy the same albums, over and over again...

Of course Sony wants to make money, but it they do it like that they'll not sell much, people will only buy the one new song as a download and not buy the full albums ;-)

The thing is, you don't really know what Sony is planning and anyway what is released depends on who is in control of Michael's estate.

Right now Branca and McClain are trying to figure out how many unreleased songs Michael had and where they all are.
They will start cracking down on everything that is being sold with his image/likeness on it. They will be making sure that all future earnings go into the trust.
Now that Michael isn't here to approve everything that has his image or collect a paycheck himself things will need to get figured out before they release anything.

Right now Branca and McClain are trying to figure out how many unreleased songs Michael had and where they all are.
They will start cracking down on everything that is being sold with his image/likeness on it. They will be making sure that all future earnings go into the trust.
Now that Michael isn't here to approve everything that has his image or collect a paycheck himself things will need to get figured out before they release anything.

I really hope everything your saying wil truely turn out that way ..

Looking at how well the various compilations are doing at the moment, Sony doesn't need to bother releasing any new ones to cash in.

If they do introduce a new Best Of at any stage, they should delete the old ones first so there can be just one on the market.

I expect something around Christmas.

MJ for Christmas number one around the world.

I read that sony will be releasing a few live cds from the dangerous and history tour and an album full of unreleased goodies from the thriller era before next year

Probably what Sony will do is release and repackage Michael's older songs until they are exausted or they start seeing a slowing trend. After that then they will probably start releasing un-release music from Michael. Whatever they decide to do, it will be about making money and that includes Michael's estate

Sony wont do this release a greatest hits package every year and only include one unreleased track each time because they know as well as we do that people wont buy into it and they will just download it.
Also it would be really nice if the orginal thread poster could back the information up with reliable source

Branca and McClain are music lawyers. Ain't no way they will let Sony make money without it going to Michael's trust.
That's why they will shut down everything that isn't giving part of the profits to Michael. He still must get paid for his work.

Well, each new compilation sells millions despite the previously released ones [see how 'King of Pop' is in the charts even though 'Number Ones' and 'The Essential' are still there], so that's very likely to happen, I think. Specially now that they're having to ship more and more MJ CDs because of the demand - shows people are interested in MJ's catalog even though there's nothing new. I think something very likely to happen is that they'll release stuff like Making of Thriller on DVD, something all the fans have but not the general public. And collections like "Love Songs" or "Christmas Songs" or things like that. But who knows, perhaps they'll end up releasing the album Michael was working on some time soon...

frankly who cares if thats all u got to be worried about then lucky you

I don't want to wait until christmas 2056 to hear Michael third unrealeased song...

But i think that this is what is going to happen

And you know this how? What made you come up with this?

John Branca already arranged that Michael got his masters back... so Michael's trust is calling more of the shots than Sony...on what music is released

Back