Sorry, another "Real or Fake" thread - MJ 50 Years CD Box Set

MJJDC

Proud Member
Guys,

I've just got this item from eil.com which was listed as being an official Sony / Epic Chinese product, but I have strong doubts that it is. As a result I feel that I've paid well over the odds and am on the verge of giving them a piece of my mind and returning it for a refund....

Before I do however, can I have your thoughts and opinions - it shows the classic traits of a Bootleg, with some very sketchy spelling etc, but then there are elements of it which look official...

Anyway, here's the item;
DSC03902.JPG

DSC03904.JPG

DSC03911.JPG

DSC03903.JPG

DSC03905.JPG

Do I keep it or ditch it?
Thanks
MJJDC

There are two MOTOWN releases yet no mention of MOTOWN in the 'label' picture. The BAD cover is wrong. Why two HIStory covers? Plus, when do you see the original OTW cover anymore? I'm not an expert but it looks fake.

it def. look like bootleg... however - still nice;)
How much did u pay for it, if I may ask?
Eli.com says "Sorry, this item is not currently available." And on any official sites I see no info about this issue...

It has to be fake. All those spelling errors, HIStory DVD VII pictured, Motown albums on a Sony release?, every logo associated with an MJ album is on it and I dont think this is even Michael:
dsc03904dv.jpg

it def. look like bootleg... however - still nice;)
How much did u pay for it, if I may ask?
Eli.com says "Sorry, this item is not currently available." And on any official sites I see no info about this issue...

Yeah this is dead strange. Both eil.com and 991.com both removed the description from their listing the day I bought it which is very strange indeed. Like you I have failed to turn up any other info on the bloody thing!

It has both an ISBN and barcode number as per the pic below, but again no info to be found from google searches...
DSC03914.JPG

Very fishy right?
Thanks for the responses so far btw:)

That thing is riddled with gramatical errors! Absolutely fake!

It looks pretty cool though.. How much did you pay for it?

Oh and DI, I think that's a wax model. :lol:

ROFL - I didn't even spot that first time around haha....

More evidence of a booty.... any one heard of "Legarcy" haha?
DSC03916.JPG

And here's the wax works close-up :hysterical:...
DSC03917.JPG

Oh and I paid £135 based on the description and low res photos, but it's going straight back to them for a full refund! I would love to open it up and take a look inside though hehe

ROFL - I didn't even spot that first time around haha....

More evidence of a booty.... any one heard of "Legarcy" haha?
DSC03916.JPG

And here's the wax works close-up :hysterical:...
DSC03917.JPG

Oh and I paid £135 based on the description and low res photos, but it's going straight back to them for a full refund! I would love to open it up and take a look inside though hehe

Pahahaha! Ah I'm sorry man, sucks when that happens! I hope you manage to get the refund ok?

I ordered the same thing on eBay... They were for sale there some time ago, for approx 35-55 USD. So first you payed way TOO much! Second... This is for sure a boot...
They were released at the same as the Michael Jackson 32 DVD collection (the suitcase)... The sound quality's isn't all that on this box...
The first 2 Motown CD's were made direct from vinyl, so lots of cracks and pops... The rest sounds OK, but still not the same as compared to the original discs...
It looks nice, but there were 100.000 ways to tell this is was a boot...
But I had it rather cheap, and sold it again with profit :)
It just sounded awful compared 2 the original ones...

So, if you can return it, I suggest you do that...
But, after the listing was removed from eil please contact them before returning, since they normally don't offer refunds once an item was removed from there listings...

Thanks guys!

I hadn't seen the item around prior to making the order, so I didn't know any history as to it's authenticity. I picked it up late last night and posted pics before really taking a close look at it. Now that I have, I agree it's very obvious thats it's a boot...

Eil have apologised and offered a full refund, so it'll be on it's way back to them first thing tomorrow, so no harm done :)

Sometimes we have to take a chance in order to secure a rarity, but it doesn't always pay dividends - the joys of being an MJ collector I guess hehe.

At the very least, other members now know that it's a sketchy item and best avoided unless they can get it for a real bargain of a price!

I'd still like to see how it was presented inside, so if anyone has any pics I'd appreacite a looksie :)

good to hear that eil has such a good policy. i ordered often from then but never had such a "authenticity" problem.

Back