Sony Post Production Acetate CDs - Real or Fake?

MJJDC

Proud Member
So I'm looking for some information on Post Production CDs. Some people are telling me that they are 100% fake, whereas others are saying the complete opposite. It seems that opinion is split, so I'm really hoping that you guys can shed some light on what the hell these are....

Pics below are just some I have seen over the years;

CIMG3844.JPG

CIMG3847.JPG

CIMG3851.JPG

CIMG3852.JPG

CIMG3858.JPG

CIMG3860.JPG

CIMG3861.JPG

DSC03898.JPG

CIMG3862.JPG

CIMG3892.JPG

CIMG3893.JPG

CIMG3894.JPG

CIMG3895.JPG

CIMG3896.JPG

Thanks guys!

They are all fake. While, yes, some of these do have [somewhat] rare tracks on them, they are fake. Alot of them were uploaded on MJJC by someone who was saddly ripped off by another member of this board...

Most of them had been chopped up (re-edited) by a fan.

Thanks!

Just to be clear then, are you saying that ALL Post Production CDs are fake, or just those in the pics?

Also, I know it may be a sensitive subject but I'd really like some info (probably via PM) on who has been scammed and who it was doing the scamming....

There is a good reason why I'm seeking this info - i'll explain later...

Thanks everyone!

The ones in the pics. and any others that have a similar set-up (eg; symbols, lables, etc...)

I've never seen pics of any of those apart from the 2Bad one which was one my mate bought about 2 years ago from a French seller in a pack and had sold on eBay. That's the only one I have seen in the above pics.

PM me if you want his email address.

Yes, someone put a bunch of these on ebay and sold them to a member called
'bjoernclausen'. I sure hope someone catches that bastard. What a scum.

^ That person has posted in this thread.

Yes, someone put a bunch of these on ebay and sold them to a member called
'bjoernclausen'. I sure hope someone catches that bastard. What a scum.
Lets just say that bjoernclausen is not alone....

I've never seen pics of any of those apart from the 2Bad one which was one my mate bought about 2 years ago from a French seller in a pack and had sold on eBay. That's the only one I have seen in the above pics.

PM me if you want his email address.
I'm glad you said that mickyj007 - I was the person who won that auction 2 years ago and knew that it was you I bought it from. In the last 24 hours I have since learned that what I thought was a nice rare item is completely & utterly worthless. Saying that I'm slightly pissed off would be an understatement, but this item is not the main reason for starting this thread.

However I'll take you up on that offer of that name & email address if you can send it over.

To JohnC and Korgnex:

Where did they originally come from?
That's exactly what I'm trying to find out. Who & where?

Seems there a lot of history on this topic which I was unaware of. However if people are willing to continue sharing what they know it would be appreciated as I feel there is a lot more that needs to be said & many collectors out there who still think these are official - myself included up until very very recently.

We need to stop money changing hands for this shit.

Just pm me and I will be happy to send you his email address. He's also on mj France forum.

Back