Sony edits MJ on DVD artwork!!!

mjlover1988

Proud Member
Why have they done this!?

He looks like a computer game character!!!!!

And it looks like he has a hole in his nose on the new one!!

12c9036aa91fff51e4268fd1e4f90d70.gif

They have just edited it to fit the artwork better, its nothing new, happens on most DVD covers.

Whoa... You're right, he does look like a computer game character. :mello:

Its just an airbrush type effect. A lot of Blu Rays and DVD's have it. It just makes the disc itself look more smooth and sleak.

It's just airbrushing, happens for every celeb on all artwork. Though it is impossible to compare the 2 properly until we have an HQ pic of the artwork, or the actual disc in our hands.

It's just airbrushing, happens for every celeb on all artwork.

Sorry, but it doesn't happen to this extent.

Not all celebrities are airbrushed so much that the pictures no longer look real.

The picture looked fine as it was and didn't need airbrushing. In fact, it had probably already been airbrushed once before we ever saw it.

Sorry, but it doesn't happen to this extent.

Not all celebrities are airbrushed so much that the pictures no longer look real.

The picture looked fine as it was and didn't need airbrushing. In fact, it had probably already been airbrushed once before we ever saw it.

It wasnt airbrushed to make him appear better. Its just the effect for the disc. To just have the normal picture on there would look kind of tacky.

This way the disc looks smooth and sleak as I said.

You have to understand that in this case it wasnt done to alter his appearance, its merely for the look of the disc. However there where puctures in a magazine a few weeks ago that HAD been airburshed to make him look better.

I don't like that photo...I mean the original one, he just looks...old. It's simply a bad picture.

This is much better.

ifrhop.jpg

Why would rubbing all the contour and detail off of his face fit the artwork better?

Well I dont think it helps that you are using such a low quality zoom of the picture and comparing it to a HQ one, wait to see the disc, see how it looks there, to be honest I think the whole pic on the disc looks quite nice

i like michael's original face i dont like the airbrush. i also see they tucked his shirt in his pants. that's the only thing needed. LOVE YOU MIKEY

Its to make the disk look better.. the ordinary photo wouldn't look right, it wouldn't look professional, they have to smooth it out.

Although, it looks like they've airburshed away one of his nostrils, and the shadow on the original pic has made his other nostril look bigger.. i don't think people will be paying as close attention to his nostrils though!

So you're complaining about a low-res preview pic vs. a hi-res pic?

It's just airbrushing, happens for every celeb on all artwork. Though it is impossible to compare the 2 properly until we have an HQ pic of the artwork, or the actual disc in our hands.

Agreed!
Nothing to worry about...!

It's just what happened when they transferred the image onto the disc...

hope it dont look as bad as that but i think i wont get to see the front of the disc much as it will spend most of its time in my player

hope it dont look as bad as that but i think i wont get to see the front of the disc much as it will spend most of its time in my player

Really?
I rather like to watch my dvd disc than puttin' it into my player! :p

For the love of........ Is it REALLY worth complaining about!?!? Be happy there is a DVD/Blu Ray in the first place! When you think of how little MJ based 'concert' releases there, why complain?

:agree: very true :lol:

Really?
I rather like to watch my dvd disc than puttin' it into my player! :p

well, we can always keep the DVD in the player & keep looking at the DVD cover :cheeky:

but how come they didn't use the poster picture? :scratch: i thought that was the one used in all TII-related releases

Last edited:
Back