Sony ATV.....Retracted a claim to remove my video........:S

Birchey

Proud Member
Sony ATV made a copyright claim on my remix of Hold My Hand on youtube, but now they retracted it? I mean it does contain alot of the original version and I even have download links on the vid. Why would they retract it? They own it, I had some of my other videos removed though but from Warner Chappell

I was never proud of the remix, I could have done more and was about to remove it and found this

"Claim Retracted

Michael Jackson & Akon - Hold My Hand - Bircheys Alpha Mix

The claim from your video Michael Jackson & Akon - Hold My Hand - Bircheys Alpha Mix has been removed by Sony ATV Publishing. Your video has been restored to its original state.

Please take a few minutes to visit our Help Centre section on Policy and Copyright Guidelines, where you can learn more about copyright law and our Content Identification Service"

It might be becuase its remix and they accidently made a claim in the first place.

It might be becuase its remix and they accidently made a claim in the first place.

remix or not they still own it, the composition and vocals :S It doesn't matter whether its a remix, live footage or it could even be a copyrighted picture

perhaps Sony see that the video was doing nothing to hurt them, and the claim was not necessary. I really dont get it why Sony do that, they get all the advertising by allowing the video to stay so I dont see the hurt its doing to them, i guess unless you are supplying the download lol, but yea I dont get why warner get the videos removed. ive had many of my videos taken down, even one by Charlie Chaplins estate regarding the use of the Smile song...and yet thousands other stay, its ludicris! :)

i guess i'm having a hard time understanding...why would u post a video if u want it removed?

Did the claim expire? Maybe it was only supposed to be a temporary claim?

^^ Or maybe they filed it by mistake. I mean it's not even an official remix. Last I check you can still post remixes you did of other songs. Marvin Gaye's rendition of "Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart)" was taken off but there are those who remix the intro (and chorus) for instrumental remixes and sh*t like this one:

^^^ that's what Im thinking too....they made a claim by mistake..although I know little about these things, I would have thought even a remix of a track would have to be released/distributed with permission...but then again that can't be right either..going by the number of remixed tracks of top 40 hits.

Back