Sonu Nigaam and Jermaine Jackson to perform MJ tribute song at IIFA, on June 24th!

Ankita

Proud Member
Sonu Nigaam is one of the most successful, talented and admired singers in India and has been an MJ fan all his life! Together with his fans he created a beautiful tribute song for Michael in 2009 on Michael's 51st birthday and it was available for free download! he later performed Billie Jean on his US tour! Now here comes another news-

Sonu Nigam and Jermaine Jackson to Honor Michael Jackson at IIFA Awards

Versatile Indian singer Sonu Niigaam says he will perform with Michael Jackson's brother Jermaine during the forthcoming International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Weekend in Toronto, as a tribute to the late King of Pop on the eve of his second death anniversary.

The duo will perform Sonu's composition, which has been chosen as a tribute song for Michael, who died June 25, 2009, by his family.

"Yes, I am performing with him (Jermaine), the MJ tribute song that is getting released by Universal America next week. It is called 'This Is It'. I wrote and composed the song and he sang it for me in Los Angeles. It is the first ever tribute song in the world post MJ's sad demise that is endorsed by a member of Michael Jackson's family," Sonu told IANS.

Their performance will be a part of the IIFA Rocks, a music and fashion event which will sponsored by Grey Goose on the second day of the three-day Bollywood extravaganza in Toronto, starting June 23.

"We were fortunate two have met with Michael Jackson in 1996 when we brought him to India for his concert. With IIFA in Toronto, we will be commemorating Michael Jackson's second death anniversary with a performance by his brother Jermaine Jackson on the IIFA Rocks stage. He will be joined by Sonu Niigaam," Sabbas Joseph, one of the founder directors of Wizcraft International Entertainment, told IANS.

Sonu is a huge Michael Jackson fan, and he has admitted in the past that his style of singing the hit number "Ye dil deewana" was majorly influenced by the international pop superstar.

Jermaine, MJ's elder brother, had last visited India in October 2009 for 10 days to record an album with composer-singer Adnan Sami.

http://mangalorean.com/news.php?newstype=l...p;newsid=245341

Sonu to pay tribute to MJ

Sonu Niigaam has composed his way into the record books. BT has learnt that the late pop legend Michael Jackson's family has green-lighted their first ever tribute song to MJ by collaborating on a composition that will soon be released worldwide. What makes this interesting is that Sonu happens to be the co-singer and composer of this special song.

Michael's older brother Jermaine Jackson too, has lent his voice to the song, and we've learnt that Sonu and Jermaine will perform the song together for the first time in Toronto, Canada on June 24 — the eve of MJ's death anniversary. Many of MJ's family members and close friends will attend the concert that is set to draw in a sea of Michael's fans from across the US and Canada. A top source, who is also a witness to this collaboration, reveals, "Sonu met Jermaine in 2009, when he had come to see his show at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. He invited Sonu for lunch later at the Beverly Wilshire. Who knew at that moment that Sonu would be a part of MJ's tribute collaboration."

The insider adds that the tribute is a soulful track describing the unforgettable impact that MJ and his music have left behind. "The song is about how noble MJ's soul was and how he is dearly missed the world over. As soon as Jermaine heard the song, he was spellbound and very emotional."

Sonu confirms this, saying, "I had written and composed this song when MJ died. But when I recorded it, I never thought I'd be singing with his brother. I am humbled that Jermaine and I will perform together for this tribute to Micheal in Toronto. Now that's called divine intervention!"

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.co...nd-sonu-niigaam

Exclusive: Sonu Niigaam Dishes About Michael Jackson Tribute!

The IIFA (International Indian Film Academy) Awards are right around the corner and there is a special performance in place that you don’t want to miss.

Sonu Niigaam is set to pair up with Jermaine, late Michael Jackson’s older brother, to perform the song “This is It.”

“This is It” was written by Niigaam soon after the passing of the international pop sensation, Michael Jackson. Jermaine was in Los Angeles soon after the tragic event to watch one of Niigaam’s concerts. The two shared lunch the next day, along with Jermaine’s wife, where Niigaam shared the song with the couple.

Sonu tells us exclusively, “Jermaine and his wife, Halima, had tears in their eyes. I knew right then that I had touched the right chord through that song and that it had humungous potential."

Sonu then asked Jermaine to collaborate with him in turn for Jermaine’s help with the song, and he graciously agreed. “It was as if MJ felt my sorrow when I wrote the song and he, himself, brought his elder brother to me," the famous singer said.

“This is It” will be released worldwide next week and the IIFA Awards performance can be viewed this Friday, June 24th – the eve of Michael Jackson’s death anniversary.

As Sonu told us, “Everything just falls in the right place when the intent is true." Indeed it does.

Will you be tearing up watching the tribute? Let us know what you think of this collaboration!

http://www.desihits.com/news/view/dh-exclu...ribute-20110621

Ashtanga;3416574 said:

I did not know it was already posted since I never go to the 2300 Jackson Street forum. Also, this news is NOT about Jermaine, but about Micahel so IMHO it should be here.

IIFA is regarded as a major event by the entire Indian film industry and Micahel Jackson is the most loved, appreciated and admired artist in India. Since June 2009, every TV/Film award show in India has done a heartfelt tribute celebrating the King of Pop's unmatched brilliance, mark and influence on the world and I'm sure this tribute too will do him proud!

Like I mentioned in the beginning of my first post, Sonu Nigaam has already done some beautiful MJ tributes, and one of the songs has been available for free download since Aug 2009. His tribute for Michael has nothing to do with publicity or money, its all for L.O.V.E and I support it.

Here are the lyrics for his earlier tribute called-

"This one is for you MJ"

Verse 1:
You brought a song to everyone’s lips
You moon walked your way through those crazy years
You struck us all with your magic
For us you’re the ‘King of Music’

The critics saw just a facet,
They said you stayed ‘In the Closet’
It killed you, but you still urged
To ‘Come Together’ and ‘Heal the World’

Chorus: