Songs not being given enough credit

OffTheWall1979

Proud Member
I don't know if a thread like this already exists, but I haven't the time nor the patience to go through every page on this forum, so here we go:

Which songs do you believe haven't got enough attention over years? Here is my list (in no particular order):

Morning glow
That's what you get (for being polite)
Baby be mine
Just a little bit of you
Keep the faith

I bet there's more, maybe I'll post them later.

It's The Falling In Love
Baby Be Mine
Just Good Friends (MJ and Stevie together = Gold!)
Keep The Faith

Most of Invincible.

Is It Scary
Who Is It.

Agree! Just Good Friends is amazing.

I agree too! That's the first song that came to my mind when I saw this thread. Besides MJ I am a huge fan of Stevie Wonder too so I love that song :)

Another song I keep playing is Lovely One, esp. the live version from the Bad tour :wub: Brilliant song. And though it's famous, I think WBSS is underrated.. it's my favourite MJ song. The lyrics are very creative, the melody is catchy and the song is versatile.. It's the kind of song you can play 10x in a row (and I do that sometimes lol) and never get tired of it :) Just my opinion though.

Edit: oh and Liberian Girl, that song is also in my MJ top 5, thanks Kasume for reminding me ;)

We've Had Enough.
Someone Put Your Hand Out.
Speechless.
Tabloid Junkie.
Stranger In Moscow.
2 Bad.
The Lady In My Life.
I Can't Help It.

I cant help it
butterflies
cant let her get away
the lady in my life
stranger in moscow

Liberian Girl

I was gonna say the same thing...That song is so romantic with the beautiful strings, and the lyrics, yet at the same time, so erotic with the beat, and some equally erotic lyrics ('You kiss me, then oooooo the world...you do this to me...')....and of course, his voice....*melts*

I'd say most of MJ's "casual listeners" don't give anything after 'Bad' and anything before 'Off the Wall' enough credit.

Around the forums... Hmm.. I think Don't Walk Away and Just Good Friends are often dismissed as 'filler' and I don't understand why.

I'd say most of MJ's "casual listeners" don't give anything after 'Bad' and anything before 'Off the Wall' enough credit.

Around the forums... Hmm.. I think Don't Walk Away and Just Good Friends are often dismissed as 'filler' and I don't understand why.

people are just full of it when they dismiss that song. usually, an artist can be destroyed by one bad song. but judging from the starvation that people are displaying for MJ's new project, it's safe to say they're full of it when dissing any MJ. it's my fav song from my fav album. i played it three thousand times in successive nights when i couldn't sleep. that song saved my fuckin lifeeee. so they are crazy to call Don't Walk Away, filler.

There are too many masterpieces that are unknown and not given enough credit. For example:

-Who Is It
-Is It Scary
-Give Into Me
-Whatever Happens
-We've Had Enough
-Speechless
-Liberian Girl

There are too many masterpieces that are unknown and not given enough credit. For example:

-Who Is It
-Is It Scary
-Give Into Me
-Whatever Happens
-We've Had Enough
-Speechless
-Liberian Girl

Whilst those songs may not be given enough credit by the general public, I think most fans hold all of those tracks in very high esteem.

I think D.S. and Money are both very underrated. But HIStory is such a strong record I can see how easy it would be to overlook these two. Even still, they're both excellent tracks and deserve more credit.

Little Susie is very great song indeed but it's kinda art. And it's way too long. Great song anyway.

The Lost Children, Don't Walk Away, Whatever Happens, Baby Be Mine, She Drives Me Wild... and so on. :D

I think many of his early songs like:
We´re Almost There, Just A Little Bit Of You, One Day In Your Life, Lonely Teardrops, Lookin THrough The Windows..

Fall Again, Fly Away, Serious Effect, This Time around, She drives me wild, and many more.

I think many of his early songs like:
We´re Almost There, Just A Little Bit Of You, One Day In Your Life, Lonely Teardrops, Lookin THrough The Windows..

I agree, though Lonely Teardrops originally is a Jackie Wilson song :)

i think baby be mine
some of the songs on dangerous
history
and most of invincible

to name a few from his solo work from off the wall and on.. (there were plenty before too)

We've Had Enough (I feel should have never been on ult collection and released on this project)

Is It Scary (should have pushed it real main stream and not just a song from Ghosts)

Whatever Happens (should have been pushed with promotion)
Break Of Dawn (needed to be pushed with promotion) many MJ slow songs get over looked

Give Into Me (If this was performed even once at an award show- even part of a medly, it would have done alot)

Someone Put Your Hand Out (should have been a part of an album and promoted)

Cheater (should have kept it in the vault for this upcoming work but modernize the instramentals a bit)

Sunset Driver (should have kept it in the vault for this upcoming work but modernize the instramentals a bit)

On The Line (kept in vault or actually put it to use a big budget film) not that spike lee film

Who Is It (simple promotion)

Superfly Sister (Promoted lending it out for an outside project)

I Can't Help It (should have been added in an MJ project like even ending credits of an MJ documentary.. Just something)

Earth Song (it had a strong short begining, many people dont know about this song.. I think even letting Live Aid use it without him at the time.

Tabloid Junkie (simple promotion)

Privacy (Invincible as a whole really) (simple promotion)

Back