Songs at your funeral?

JohnC

Proud Member
What song would you like to be played at you funeral?

It would have to be when Stevie Wonder did Human Nature at Glastonbury, just the instrumental, wow.

I never thought you ask.

I was thinking of the mix of "Will You Be There"/"For All Time"/"Cry" for the arrival to the church, "Keep The Faith" during a story about my life, "Gone Too Soon" for when people leave the church to the graveyard and finally I wanted "Man In The Mirror" when I'm about to be buried.

What song would you like to be played at you funeral?

:lol: I must confess since I had to attend to funerals in the last 2 weeks, I thought about it!

Similar choice for me:
For the intro: Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
When they carry my casket out: Don't stop me now

Hehe, wouldn't it be more appropriate 'Gotta be ending something' ? Just kidding!

Haven't thought about this before, but I guess I'd choose I'll be there (in spirit, of course).

I've never thought of this before, but now that i do....it would have to include Dream on from Aerosmith, a bit of Requiem from Mozart and some Gregorian chants as well.

Always look on the bright side of life -Monty Python
I'd rather leave this world with people smiling at my funeral than having them weep at my passing so Monty Python it is. But since I won't be having a funeral without Michael there I also want them to play:

For All Time -Michael Jackson

I've told my mom for YEARS that should I ever die, they HAVE to play MJ's "Heal The World" at my funeral. First, because there ain't gonna be any other songs playedexcept MJ in my funeral because I've been and always will be a huge MJ fan and no other songs would make me leave this earth with a smile. Second...because the song is beautiful and one of my favorite MJ songs. And third...because I've always felt my purpouse of being here is to help people, and I've always wanted to help people since I was a kid...so it's a song that has a very personal meaning as well.

So...the song would be "Heal The World". Then again...I don't know how many people would be interested enough to come to my funeral. Don't think many would even care. But at least they'd be playing the song for me. :yes:

Fly - Celine Dion
What hurts the most - Rascal Flatts
hmmm... maybe also Lux Aeterna - Clint Mansell

I tend to be a little dramatic :D

Nothing sad...........

I'd want something upbeat which would make people smile. It would have to be something MJ.

Highway To Hell
Another One Bites The Dust
Going Underground
Stayin Alive
Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

Anyone of those would be fine

Back