songs and albums that make you think of winter

Aijuswannaseing-Musiq Soulchild
What else...ah
Share My World-Mary J. Blige

I played both albums like crazy during the whole 2006 winter. Both got some gritty, introvert vibe. Overall not really sunshiny. So, to me, it goes well with cold, bleak winter days when you reflect on things and become quiet...

Please by Toni Braxton. That's one... with the violin backdrop n stuff.

Where I live, there's not really a "winter" as far as temperature is concerned. It gets cool, but rarely very cold and I've never seen snow.

Mostly choral music for me. Nothing like listening the Kings College Choir or St. Olaf's Choir sing some great tunes at night in your house when all you have on are certain decorated Christmas lights and candles. Reading a book or enjoying other people's company. And its not just for Christmas too. It's great in Jan/Feb. weather too!

I also bought a specific CD around the holidays a couple of years ago, and now I can only enjoy it the most when it's the winter season. John Mayer Trio's live album "Try!". It's a blues/rock album, but I bought it when it was friggin cold outside, so now I can only appreciate it when it's 20degrees out.

Pretty much any x-mas music or soothing, calm music. Artists like Sade, Enya, etc. make me think of winter for some reason.

Breakdown - Mariah Carey... the production is summerish but then again, the song's cold, and great lol

Back