Song selection for Xscape - THERE WAS NO SHORTAGE OF MATERIAL

glad to hear. they didn't have the redone or will.i.am tracks. so if u add those u might get more than 30 for sure.

wondering what the names of the other songs were.

There are several dozen releasable songs left. Well over fifty. That's already been confirmed by numerous sources + instances.

Engineer from HIStory album replied to one of my tweets few weeks ago. He said they worked on 50 songs during those sessions:

Onir Michael Jackson @onir_mj
@BrianVibberts 50 songs as musical ideas or 50 songs with recorded vocals? Please answer. Thanks! - 16 Apr

Brian Vibberts @BrianVibberts
@onir_mj Various states of completion. Most with vocals. 15 were released. About 35 in the Vault. They'll be released I'm sure!

I think there are a lot of possibilities for the years to come.

so there's 35 HIStory outtakes in the vault.. very interesting, plus the bad outtakes (around 30 left), Thriller outtakes (15?), Dangerous (45+), Invincible (30+?) plus the post invincible tracks.

so there's 35 HIStory outtakes in the vault.. very interesting, plus the bad outtakes (around 30 left), Thriller outtakes (15?), Dangerous (45+), Invincible (30+?) plus the post invincible tracks.

Beautiful numbers I am seeing :)

Brian Vibberts said that there were 35 in the vaults in various states of completion. That does not mean that there are 35 HIStory outtakes available.

Has anyone seen the ONE DVD? In it Quincy talks about the many many songs that where recorded for THRILLER that were not used - WHERE ARE THOSE SONGS? I know 'Behind The Mask' was destined for THRILLER but never made it because of some legal wrangling with the Japaneze artists over the sampling which is a huge shame.

The thing is that Quincy didn't want Billie Jean on that album (same with Smooth Criminal on BAD) but MJ fought for it so I bet there's some proper gems that exist that Quincy didn't want to use...I want to hear them all YESTERDAY!!

Of course they are milking it. Why would that surprise anyone?
They have to keep the brand of MJ going as long as it can for years to come.

They will trickle out unreleased stuff slowly over the years.

Back