Some parts of the demos that should be in the released version ?

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
Are there some parts of MJ's demos/alternative versions that should be in the final versions ?

Give In To Me alternative version. The line at 2.14 ( "I might live my life alone girl" ) I wish this was in the final version, although I believe it's perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1blNn79zxY

Have you got any others ?

I wanna hear all uncut demo's in high resolution 7.1 DTS-HD Masters, on pure Blu-Ray Audio discs

Are there some parts of MJ's demos/alternative versions that should be in the final versions ?

Give In To Me alternative version. The line at 2.14 ( "I might live my life alone girl" ) I wish this was in the final version, although I believe it's perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1blNn79zxY

Have you got any others ?

I tend to listen to the demo of Give Into Me more than the finalized album version. Those ad-libs at the end, and the part that you just mentioned are mesmerizing! I wish he would have kept those but i understand how it would become sort of a mismatch together with the slash solo.

I wanna hear all uncut demo's in high resolution 7.1 DTS-HD Masters, on pure Blu-Ray Audio discs

I totally agree, although I prefer the studio album versions in that quality, not the demos.

Don't know if the early test pressing of "Bad" counts as a demo, but i really miss those funky saxophones/trumpets in the pre-choruses.

Cool topic. And indeed, that adlib is amazing. One of those that instantly makes you hit the rewind button. Another adlib that never made it into the final version that I really like is the 'ah-ah-ahha' that MJ does at 2.37 here (and a couple of other times throughout the demo too):
http://youtu.be/JNTMUMx1QII

Don't know if the early test pressing of "Bad" counts as a demo, but i really miss those funky saxophones/trumpets in the pre-choruses.
Nice one! I also miss those.

There were originally strings in the chorus of Off The Wall that I really love. I don't know why those did not make it into the final cut. Nick made a mix a while ago containing these and other unused elements. I also really liked the shaker throughout the verses.

One thing I like about the Keep the Faith demo is that the guitar is a bit louder in the mix. Those cool licks by David Williams really make the song more interesting imo and deserve to be heard.

The early version of Ghosts is much more bass-heavy and has more bite to it. I definitely prefer that over the final mix. The extra minute at the end should have been kept as well - it's funky as hell.

There's also a rawness about the Captain EO version of Another Part of Me that I really like. I don't think it's better than the final version though, just different. Brad Sundberg played a demo of APOM at his seminar that kinda sounded like a cross between the two: a bit more polished than the EO version, but still containing more funky rawness than the album version. That sounded amazing.

There were originally strings in the chorus of Off The Wall that I really love. I don't know why those did not make it into the final cut. Nick made a mix a while ago containing these and other unused elements. I also really liked the shaker throughout the verses.

One thing I like about the Keep the Faith demo is that the guitar is a bit louder in the mix. Those cool licks by David Williams really make the song more interesting imo and deserve to be heard.

The early version of Ghosts is much more bass-heavy and has more bite to it. I definitely prefer that over the final mix. The extra minute at the end should have been kept as well - it's funky as hell.

To you have links to these demos/mixes? Didn't know about these 3 and would like to check them out :)

Yeah the ending on Come Together is better then the version on HIStory or on Moonwalker. Even his last "come together" during the na na na's was good. Can't understand why they hacked the song short for the album.

Yeah the ending on Come Together is better then the version on HIStory or on Moonwalker. Even his last "come together" during the na na na's was good. Can't understand why they hacked the song short for the album.
Because the album was too long, so they had either to remove one song, or cut down the others.

I wish there was an extended version of Rock With You with the ad-libs from the Frankie Knuckles Rock With You Remix, I love the part when he goes yeah, yeah, yeah, yeahaaaaaa

Starts from 7:05

I wish there was an extended version of Rock With You with the ad-libs from the Frankie Knuckles Rock With You Remix, I love the part when he goes yeah, yeah, yeah, yeahaaaaaa

Starts from 7:05
Enjoy :)

I prefer the instrumentation and aaaah-aaaaahs in the Girl Is Mine demo compared to the album version:

I like more the bassline on the Wanna Be Startin Demo than from the thriller album

They should release the full collection of his demos - whether on a collectors label or not.

They should release the full collection of his demos - whether on a collectors label or not.

Yes I think that sometime in the future they should release an album containing just demos and alternative tracks for the fans, similar to what they did with The Ultimate Collection - minus greatest hits. I've seen rarity albums from Jimi Hendrix to Bob Dylan to The Beatles, I think the fans would love to see an official Michael Jackson rarities/demo album. They could include the Dangerous demos, thriller demos, hollywood tonight, behind the mask demo would be nice to hear, extended mixes (aka. lady in my life) and other gems locked away....

Back