Some of my favorite underrated/deep-cut tracks

GGC

Proud Member
Hey, y'all, I just wanted to show some love to all of my favorite underrated/deep-cut tracks of MJ, J5, and Jackson's songs.

Michael Jackson:

In Our Small Way, We're Almost There, Take Me Back, One Day In Your Life, You Are There, With A Child's Heart, Up Again, Happy, Music And Me, When I Come Of Age, If'n I Was God, Who Do You Know (Demo), Carousel, To Make My Father Proud, Don't Let It Get You Down, You've really got a hold on me, Farewell my summer love, Girl you're so together, Tabloid Junkie, Dangerous, Love Never Felt So Good (original version), Give In To Me, Break Of Dawn, Whatever Happens, Behind The Mask, I Just Can't Stop Loving You (It hit #1 but also doesn't get recognition. It slaps idc what people say), Another Part Of Me (had some decent success but same reasoning as I Just Cant Stop Loving You), In The Closet (single version because it hits wayyy harder and doesn't go on too long)

Jackson 5:

Maybe Tomorrow, Aint Nothing Like The Real Thing, Looking Through The Windows, To Know, Touch, Uppermost, Don't Say Goodbye Again, Reflections, I Am Love, If I Dont Love You This Way, The Mirrors Of My Mind, All I Do Is Think Of You, We're Here To Entertain You, Buttercup, Got To Be There (live japan), Never Can Say Goodbye (live japan)

Jacksons:

Good Times, Dreamer, Push Me Away, Rock With You (live from U.S 1981 Triumph Tour), Off The Wall (live from U.S Triumph Tour), Everybody, Wondering Who, Time Waits For No One

Disclaimer: I've never fully finished the Victory album and never tried listening to 2300 Jackson Street. I love butterflies, lady in my life, Who Is It, and stranger in Moscow but they already get more than enough praise so I didn't feel the need to include it.

Last edited:
Oh for sure. I'm not gonna include it for all of them but if anybody asks me I'll explain why.
Ok I want your opinion of time waits for no one, everybody, push me away, dreamer, take me back, when i come of age and if n i was god

Just because I love them myself

Ok I want your opinion of time waits for no one, everybody, push me away, dreamer, take me back, when i come of age and if n i was god

Just because I love them myself
Time Waits For No One: This is a beautiful song. Mike sounds angelic, and the brothers supply some great harmonies. Jackie and Randy wrote a great song together.

Everybody: This is groovy and reminds me of Get On The Floor. I prefer this over Get On The Floor because the instruments and vocal delivery are addicting.

Push Me Away: It's so soothing and always sounds fresh. Mike sounds fantastic.

Dreamer: Very chill and reminds me of Show You The Way To Go, which I also enjoy.

Take Me Back: My favorite solo motown album of his. I love the chorus and the whole vibe of it. It always puts me in a good mood.

When I Come Of Age: IT'S TOO SHORT. I love this song in every way possible and wish it didn't fade out. He slays them notes like they are nothing.

If'n I Was God: Both released versions are excellent. I love it because it shows his voice going through changes and is emotional. Love the note close to the end "If'n I Were Youuu".

Non-singles from solo albums:

In Our Small Way, Maria, We've Got a Good Thing Going, Morning Glow, Get on the Floor, I Can't Help It, Burn This Disco Out, Why You Wanna Trip on Me, Keep The Faith, Little Susie, Superfly Sister.

Non-singles from group albums:

Bridge Over Troubled Water, Up on the House Top, (We've Got) Blue Skies, The Boogie Man, Blues Away, Push Me Away, Things I Do for You.

Last edited:
Back