Some interesting facts about Michael Jackson [Part II]

Do you have a source, or did you make them up ? :giggle:

16. During 30th Anniversary Celebration in Madison Square Garden (2001) Sony didn’t allow MJ to perform new songs from Invincible

MJ performed His hit single from Invincible "You Rock My world" at the 30th Anniversary concert in 2001

[video=youtube_share;-IkRsyLjqD4]http://youtu.be/-IkRsyLjqD4[/video]

15. For the photoshoot of the Triller cover, MJ arrived to the studio without having a clue until then what to wear. He grabbed on the spur of the moment an abandoned white suite from a chair. That suite was about to be the most famous suite of all times.
Dick Zimmerman the photographer of the Thriller Cover, lent Michael his white suite.
On the day of the shoot, he came alone. No entourage. We had two racks of wardrobe, handpicked by one of the best stylists in LA. Michael didn't really care for anything on it. He said, "I'd like to be wearing something like what you have on." I was wearing my white suit that day. I said, "Well, we're about the same height." So Michael is actually wearing my white suit on the cover.
http://www.popeater.com/2011/03/10/thriller-portrait-michael-jackson/

10779c_lg.jpeg

Last edited:
2. One reason why HIStory Tour in Munich has never been released is that during Smooth Criminal lean one of the dancers reveals the secret

Does he? Never noticed that. I heard Michael just wasn't satisfied with the quality.

7. Give In To Me was initially recorded as a dance song, later it was transformed into a rock one.

Not true. From the very first notes of the very first jam session where the song was composed it had the same tempo and melody as the released version.

13. There is a printing error on the Invincible booklet (missing second lines of the song Whatever happens)

It also has wrong lyrics: "He gives another smile" instead of "He gives a nervous smile". That wouldn't be the first time...

15. For the photoshoot of the Triller cover, MJ arrived to the studio without having a clue until then what to wear. He grabbed on the spur of the moment an abandoned white suite from a chair. That suite was about to be the most famous suite of all times.

No, he actually took the white suit off his photographer: http://www.popeater.com/2011/03/10/thriller-portrait-michael-jackson/ Zimmerman later sold it at an auction.

18. During Jam in Russia (Dangerous Tour 1993) MJ could not dance and just walked carefully due to water that remained ot the stage from heavy rain

He danced all right:

34. Elton John inspired the title Blood On the dance floor

I believe it was inspired by Bill Bottrell's song of the same name. Bottrell wrote the track for Michael, but before MJ had a chance to hear it, he wrote his own Blood On the Dance floor.

39. Much Too Soon was the original title for Gone Too Soon

Nope, separate songs.

Dear morinen,

thahks for your comments, BUT:

1. Take a closer look at Smooth Criminal lean (HIStory tour, Munich 1997)when one of the principal dancers is about to take again his normal position
2. Regarding Give In To Me, as a dance song, that was said from a person who got involved (in terms of producing) on that song (sorry, i cannot recall his name but there is an interview available on the internet)
3. As for the Jam in Russia, MJ danced only to spots where there was relatively less water
4. Regarding the title of Blood on the dance floor is either Botrell or Eltohn John
5. As regards the HIStory statue, i said it was inspired from that statue in Russia (which depicts a russian warrior)
Memorial_area_statue.JPG

No, theres an little error sound. It sounds like someone is twisting an paper or something.

Odd, I've played it over and over but still can't hear error? I could hear the error in Give In To Me though.

2. One reason why HIStory Tour in Munich has never been released is that during Smooth Criminal lean one of the dancers reveals the secret

Does he? Never noticed that. I heard Michael just wasn't satisfied with the quality.

Yes. But even if true they could have easily replaced that scene from another concert (just like they did with the bug scene which is -we all know- from the Leipzig '97 show).

I don't know if anyone noticed it, but in Money, if you listen closely at what he says after 3:22 min, (after he says "You earn it with Dignity") You can hear him saying names.

I heard the names: Buffert, Morgan, Child (?) Rockefeller, Carnegie, and later either the letter T, D or K or the word "getty".

I don't know if anyone noticed it, but in Money, if you listen closely at 3:22 min, (after he says "You earn it with Dignity") You can hear him saying names.

I heard the names: Buffert, Morgan, Child (?) Rockefeller, Carnegie, and later either the letter T, D or K.
I think it's Vanderbilt, Morgan, Trump, Rockefeller, Carnegie and finally Getty.

^^...Yes you're right. I'm gonna search for another "secret messages" in songs. (But not in reversed songs).

Yes. But even if true they could have easily replaced that scene from another concert (just like they did with the bug scene which is -we all know- from the Leipzig '97 show).

Munich 1997 was just a weak performance compared to all his other ones

^ I know but that was not the point here. Given the OP said it was due to the Smooth Criminal fail of one of his dancers.

39. Much Too Soon was the original title for Gone Too Soon

Umm Gone Too Soon was released way before Michael recorded it for Dangerous; It was only a cover. Dionne Warwick sang it back in 1983

Learned My Lesson was the original title for Much To Soon

Dear morinen,

thahks for your comments, BUT:

1. Take a closer look at Smooth Criminal lean (HIStory tour, Munich 1997)when one of the principal dancers is about to take again his normal position
2. Regarding Give In To Me, as a dance song, that was said from a person who got involved (in terms of producing) on that song (sorry, i cannot recall his name but there is an interview available on the internet)
3. As for the Jam in Russia, MJ danced only to spots where there was relatively less water
4. Regarding the title of Blood on the dance floor is either Botrell or Eltohn John
5. As regards the HIStory statue, i said it was inspired from that statue in Russia (which depicts a russian warrior)
Memorial_area_statue.JPG

Brad Sundberg plays the recording at his seminars when they created Give In To Me while jamming. And it's a rock song from the very beginning.

I don't know if anyone noticed it, but in Money, if you listen closely at what he says after 3:22 min, (after he says "You earn it with Dignity") You can hear him saying names.

I heard the names: Buffert, Morgan, Child (?) Rockefeller, Carnegie, and later either the letter T, D or K or the word "getty".

damn thats so cool never knew that! now i want the multitrack so bad..

Good point!

"Vanderbilt, Morgan, Trump, Rockefeller, Carnegie, Getty"
They are the names of famous American industrialists/billionaires, also known as "robber barons" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robber_baron_(industrialist)

Do you have a source, or did you make them up ? :giggle:

MJ performed His hit single from Invincible "You Rock My world" at the 30th Anniversary concert in 2001

Dick Zimmerman the photographer of the Thriller Cover, lent Michael his white suite.
On the day of the shoot, he came alone. No entourage. We had two racks of wardrobe, handpicked by one of the best stylists in LA. Michael didn't really care for anything on it. He said, "I'd like to be wearing something like what you have on." I was wearing my white suit that day. I said, "Well, we're about the same height." So Michael is actually wearing my white suit on the cover.
http://www.popeater.com/2011/03/10/thriller-portrait-michael-jackson/

10779c_lg.jpeg

Regarding the MSG 2001, i said songs (plural) not song.
Also, there was no point in making these facts up (apart, of course, from making you giggle)

I'm a little confused.. we can't upload released songs on 2000 Watts, but we can post album covers from albums which are about 30 years old? :lol:

Back