Solstice Full moon Total Lunar Eclipse December 21 2010

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Where Michael IS..Is where you will find Me <3
Country
Canada
lunar_eclipse_total.gif

Imagine the Cosmic Energy that WE shall will co-create when 4 days later We do our monthly L.O.V.E. PRAYER !!

Heal The World !! Hold My Hand !!:wub:

winter_solstice_pivatosmall.jpg

Can You feel it ! Tell me can you FEEL IT !! CAN YOU FEEL IT !!:wub::angel::wub:

2008-2-20-lunar-eclipse.png

The Article:

TLEDec2010_Sharpshutter_thumb.jpg

Total Lunar Eclipse of December 21, 2010
by Fred Espenak

Introduction

A total eclipse of the Moon occurs during the early morning hours of December 21, 2010 (for observers in western North America and Hawaii, the eclipse actually begins on the evening of December 20). The entire event is visible from North America, Greenland and Iceland. Western Europe will see the beginning stages of the eclipse before moonset while western Asia will get the later stages after moonrise. During a total lunar eclipse, the Moon's disk can take on a dramatically colorful appearance from bright orange to blood red to dark brown and (rarely) very dark gray.

An eclipse of the Moon can only take place at Full Moon, and only if the Moon passes through some portion of Earth's shadow. The shadow is actually composed of two cone-shaped parts, one nested inside the other. The outer shadow or penumbra is a zone where Earth blocks some (but not all) of the Sun's rays. In contrast, the inner shadow or umbra is a region where Earth blocks all direct sunlight from reaching the Moon.

When only part of the Moon passes through the umbra, a partial eclipse is seen. If the entire Moon passes through the umbral shadow, then a total eclipse of the Moon occurs. It is also possible to have an eclipse where the Moon passes through only the penumbra. Each of these eclipses has a unique and distinct appearance (see Visual Appearance of Lunar Eclipses). For more information on how, what, why, where and when of lunar eclipses, see the special web page Lunar Eclipses for Beginners.

The Source:
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...age=5&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:58&tx=88&ty=60

The Youtube Videos of this Event:

December 21 2010 Solstice Full moon Total Lunar Eclipse Syncronicity
[YOUTUBE]p2SlyOqCBoY[/YOUTUBE]

RED MOON TOTAL ECLIPSE PHENOMENA, DECEMBER 21, 2010 (2010-12-21)

[YOUTUBE]g4h-2bEFNLI[/YOUTUBE]

Total Eclipse of the Moon for December 21, 2010 (Animated)

[YOUTUBE]OVzRRD-xiVc[/YOUTUBE]

The Photo Gallery:

TLE2000Jul-1b.JPG

eclipse.jpg

solar-eclipse-448px.jpg

June 26, 2010
lunar2.jpg

lunar_eclipse-total.gif

always,
MJ TinkerBell..:wub::dancin::agree:

Last edited:
THANKS...hopefully I will be able to stay up to watch it!

By the way...anyone else have "Total Eclipse of the Heart" stuck on their mind after reading this thread? Or maybe just me...lol

Thanks for the heads up. Over here in our most beautiful Union it's gonna be morn, but nice to know about it. Y'all enjoy it. The moon is always fascinating, no matter which way you slice the pie.

THANKS...hopefully I will be able to stay up to watch it!

By the way...anyone else have "Total Eclipse of the Heart" stuck on their mind after reading this thread? Or maybe just me...lol

:lol::lol::lol: I actually heard this song on the radio really, really early this morn.

Thanks for the reminder. It has been a very long time since I had last remember seeing a lunar eclipse. My this month's issue of Astronomy magazine probably mention something about it and I had since forgotten about it.

Back