Soleil Moon Frye: I shared a hot tub with Michael Jackson

LastTear

Proud Member
OMG How to make something out of nothing!

Soleil Moon Frye: I shared a hot tub with Michael Jackson

Soleil Moon Frye
, who played TV's Punky Brewster back in the 1980s, recently admitted that she had a close encounter with Michael Jackson when she was only eight years old.

In her new parenting book, "Happy Chaos," Moon Frye recounts her experience spending a day at Michael Jackson's home -- a day that included a one-on-one dip in a hot tub.

"So there I was sitting with Michael Jackson, alone in his Jacuzzi, talking about life, love, and the secrets of the world. I was eight years old. Yes, I know you're probably horrified, or at least a little confused as you read this, wondering how in the world I got there," Frye writes.

"Michael took my mother and me on a tour of his home," she continues. "We saw his elaborate costumes encased in glass, his bedroom, all of his knickknacks, and his stunning recording studio ... We watched 'Willy Wonka,' and Michael and I sat next to each other. He had a way of speaking as if he were a child, too."

On Tuesday's (Aug. 23) "Today" show, Moon Frye said of the visit, "It was such a fun, crazy experience. I didn't realize how strange it was then."

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/08/soleil-moon-frye-i-shared-a-hot-tub-with-michael-jackson.html

What's the context of that paragraph? Because it seems like she had a lot of fun there with her mother but then she ended in a tv show with the words crazy and strange :smilerolleyes:

Seems like someone needs to sell a book, again :doh:

There is nothing strange, she just needs to promote her book.

I'm really hoping that she didn't mean it as something negative despite the words she used. I grew up watching her "Punky Brewster" show. And I don't want to add her to my list of people who I admired at some point in my life, but now I am very disappointed in them because they trashed Michael or made vague statements inviting stupid speculation about him yet again. Personally, I am getting really tired of this worn out practice of people making Michael look bad all the time just to promote themselves.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping that she didn't mean it as something negative despite the words she used. I grew up watching her "Punky Brewster" show. And I don't want to add her to my list of people who I admired at some point in my life, but now I am very disappointed in them because they trashed Michael or made vague statements inviting stupid speculation about him yet again. Personally, I am getting really tired of this worn out practice of people making Michael look bad all the time just to promote themselves.

Me too! If there was no mention of Michael do you think there would be an article or interview.. somehow I doubt it. And then take it up a notch and add the word 'strange' - there you go, instant, free advertising.

“This story is not one I have shared often, but now I realize, if even for only one night, Michael Jackson was my babysitter. As strange as it all sounds – and I know it sounds strange – it was a highlight in my young life.”

I didn't like that part of the article. I wished she used different words. :(

Last edited:
Can I just ask for future postings why this thread has been moved from controversy to michaelmania? It doesn't seem to fit
in here.

^^it was in the controversy section. Im just confused for future postings is all.

I would like to think she just made a poor choice of words. I hope she just meant that hanging out with Michael Jackson is not something most kids can claim and looking back it was kind of...unusual? But you never know with these new book pushers.

I used to watch Punky Brewster. In fact back then, we named our cat Punky after the character. She was adorable and reminded me of my (at the time) little niece.

Here we go again. A girl and her family went to Michael house and she had a wonderful time with him. She marveled at all the things he had and sat in his hot tub and talked. She was acting like a kid and Mike was being kidlike to make her comfortable. Now very clever words are interjected in the narrative, like strange, to make it seem something it was not. Next story......

Also, if we ask grown ups who visited Michael what they did in his house, we would hear similar stories, but it all depends on how the words are used and what the author wants to convey.

PrettyYoungThing.;3467330 said:
“This story is not one I have shared often, but now I realize, if even for only one night, Michael Jackson was my babysitter. As strange as it all soundsand I know it sounds strange – it was a highlight in my young life.”

It didn't like that part of the article. I wished she used different words. :(

Well she says it was highlight in her life so that means good right? Maybe she just meant strange that all of the people in the world to babysit her it was Michael Jackson. Someone really famous doing that. I hope she didn't mean it in a bad way.

When whomever asks her let us know what she says. I want to know if she is implying something sinister in the statement and why.

I don't think she meant something bad, this is what she said in the article.

"After the swan incident, Jackson invited Frye “to take a Jacuzzi” with him, and the two spent time “talking about life, love and the secrets of the world” while in the tub. But like many of Jackson’s child-friends who have since grown, Frye recalls a kind and insightful man that treated her with respect and regard:

“I remember him talking about the fact that he related more to kids than adults and that grown-ups never completely understood him. He sat across from me and we had a dialogue as if we were peers – a true heart-to-heart. He never made me feel like this was a bizarre situation. It just seemed as if he really wanted someone to talk to, someone who would make no judgments about him.”

Smh, at the press always twisting things when it comes to Michael. However, I also wish people who spent time with Michael and respect him would select their words carefully, and refrain from relating stuff that could be misinterpreted and misquoted easily in the media.

I don't know why, but I'm pretty sure she was misquoted. No big media have taken this story to their headlines so far. So I guess it's all good.

OK lets keep our fingers crossed.

Why is this girl writing a book, by the way, is she a current star? I only remember her in Punky Brewster. Did she continue to work in show business?

Back