So what's the story with 'Gangsta'?

The Moonwalker

Proud Member
Remember back in '06 I think it was when we first heard a 'new song' called Gangsta?

Well, every time I listen to it now I can't help wonder about it's history, for example...when was it recorded? Who with? Blah de blah de blah....

Has anyone got actual information on the song?

:)

I was just wondering this myself. I was actually just reading about it in the For The Record book. All it says is the song was done by rapper Tempamental, and was leaked on his Myspace page in 2006. It doesn't say when it was recorded.

Yea alotta people dont know...Templamental still hasnt said WHERE he got the record from..he probably doesnt wanna get sued by da estate..

NO FRIEND OF MINE
Song by rapper Tempamental, featuring prominent backing vocals by
Michael, made available in late 2006 on Tempamental’s ‘myspace’
web page – originally titled, Gangsta.
Source: For The Record

Yes, but for some reason I think I have read somewhere that it´s supposed to be an unreleased outtake from the Invincible sessions, and that it might be a Rodney Jerkins produced song. But I´m not sure, though. At least that´s what I´ve always believed. And I wouldn´t be surprised if it was true because to me it sounds like a song from this era.

No Friend Of Mine was never going to be on Invincible. Michael is doing a cameo. Its not his track.

No Friend Of Mine was never going to be on Invincible. Michael is doing a cameo. Its not his track.

From what I understood about it when it was leaked was that this Tempamental guy somehow through a sound engineer or something, who had worked in the studio where MJ was working, had managed to get a hold on an unreleased song with MJ vocals; No friend of mine. I can´t remember having read anywhere that MJ had been working with Tempamental, and there seems to be almost no info about it.

So my thoughts about it have always been that I believed that it was a Invincible outtake that someone had "stolen" and made into a hiphop track. But, Dangerous Incorporated: You may absolutely be right about what you´re saying and since you sound so sure about it it´s probably true. I´ll give you that one :)

But tell me then; who is really this Tempamental dude and when and how did he get MJ to work with him?? I must have missed all of this...

^^If Michael's song or vocals had been stolen and put on another song, MJ would have sued them quick smart.

Back