So Robbie Williams 'Morning Sun' IS about Michael after all?

Such a good song by him, a song off his new album, and i'm liking the album alot too. On youtube i saw several folks saying this was a song to/about Michael. That Robbie had said during a show 'It definitely can be related to him as well' .

The song is very good, you should listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMgO7dVh3T0

That's really good. :(
I thought he was going to do a cover of one of Mj's songs and include in his album, but I guess that was just a rumour. Thank God for that eh.

I remember him saying "Jack*s a mess" in one of his songs. Rudebox I think it was. :angry:

I remember him saying "Jack*s a mess" in one of his songs. Rudebox I think it was. :angry:

That song is more a skit at mc'ing or rapping whatever you want to call it and at what people where commonly saying at the time.

He says 'TK MAX costs less, Jackson looks a mess'. It was more like a skit at what was common back then. Ugh I cant explain it, but he hadnt just set out to say Michael looked terrible or anything. Just really quoting....the streets. I guess.

Ok, but so did 50 cent and many other artists, i think we should cut him some slack :). I don't recall Robbie dissing Michael anywhere else. On his site he put this in his blog...

Michael Jackson died then....It's all so very sad...Couldn't get a lyric to fit on one of the new songs...When he passed away I rewrote it with him in mind.....I went on Itunes the other day to listen to snippets of his Michael's songs..MY god..(understatement of the decade) He was good...They sound different somehow Now that he's gone.

After MJ's passing, rumours were going aruond that he was gonna 'replace' him . And he cleared that rumour ...

(Oh..P.s.s)The story about me filling in for MR.Jackson (RIP) is TOTALLY made up

Oh thanks for clearing that up. I'm really skeptical about artists doing all these tributes. Yeah they're nice but... no thanks. That's my opinion.

Well, if you think about it..it's not a complete tribute. Like he said in that blog post..with him in mind he wrote the song. But nowhere in the song does he mention Michael. I kinda respect that...its not like he's 'Hey look at me..i wrote a song for Michael too, just because well...you should ' acting like that ;)

I know nothing about this song or even Robbie Williams (American here!). When was the song written/released? It's positive I take it?

Written this year, i think alittle after Michael's passing. It definitely ain't negative. Listen to the song, it's very good IMO.

yeah well now its the in thing to like mike. its called fake P.R the world will have to suffer the likes of him now that they destroyed the king

Wow, beautiful song I think

''The morning leaves a mystery, the evening makes it history'' (makes me so sad to hear that!)

Have no idea if it's true it talk about Michael, but I can definitely relate the lyrics to him.

Always liked Robbie btw...

Every Tom, Dick and Harry are gonna release songs and call it a "Michael Jackson Tribute" just to help get sales.........

...If it truly is a tribute to Michael Jackson then they should donate all profits for that single to charity....just as Michael would've wanted!!!

That song is more a skit at mc'ing or rapping whatever you want to call it and at what people where commonly saying at the time.

He says 'TK MAX costs less, Jackson looks a mess'. It was more like a skit at what was common back then. Ugh I cant explain it, but he hadnt just set out to say Michael looked terrible or anything. Just really quoting....the streets. I guess.

Robbie Williams is another one living off Michael's name.

During the trial at a concert he 'joked' that he had heard there was a vacancy for a King of Pop, a few weeks ago in an interview he said Michael was an addict, not turning up for rehearsals and basically was past it, and his music was very 80's.

Would I buy a Robbie Williams CD, not if I loved every word he sang. He disrespected Michael, now he is trying to claim a song he must have written before Michael died is about him.

Robbie Williams is another one living off Michael's name.

During the trial at a concert he 'joked' that he had heard there was a vacancy for a King of Pop, a few weeks ago in an interview he said Michael was an addict, not turning up for rehearsals and basically was past it, and his music was very 80's.

Would I buy a Robbie Williams CD, not if I loved every word he sang. He disrespected Michael, now he is trying to claim a song he must have written before Michael died is about him.

Well arent MJ fans allways the ones saying that an artist should be judged by his music and not as a person?

So you wouldnt buy his album if you loved every word he sang, just because he disrespected Michael?

Well arent MJ fans allways the ones saying that an artist should be judged by his music and not as a person?
i would think mj fans say the opposite.. judge ppl on the person not what music they create. and williams has cheak talking about rehab when he spent enough time in it for drug abuse.anyway same oled B.S of its cool to like mj now. be different in 6 months

i would think mj fans say the opposite.. judge ppl on the person not what music they create. and williams has cheak talking about rehab when he spent enough time in it for drug abuse.anyway same oled B.S of its cool to like mj now. be different in 6 months

Well Michael said it all the time and so have his fans. He allways wanted people to judge him on his music and not as a person.

Back