so no OFF THE WALL songs were rehersed?

lmojackson

Proud Member
my fav michael song is ''I CANT HELP IT'' and im very sad that it wasnt never performed live... and why wasnt dstyge, working day and night, rock with you, on the dvd i dont get it i heard dstyge through the dvd but theres no clips of him performing it...

I hear that Off The Wall, Rock With You, and Don't Stop Til You Get Enough were rehearsed. Don't take that as fact, though, because I'm really not sure.

It's been confirmed that Off the Wall, Rock with You and Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough were rehearsed.

Not sure why all of them were left out the film, though.

It's been confirmed that Off the Wall, Rock with You and Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough were rehearsed.

Not sure why all of them were left out the film, though.

Really? Confirmed by whom exactly??

yess who was this comfirmed by? and whyyy wasnt none of it on the dvd wtf omg i need to tweet mr,oretga now

On one of the special features, you hear Michael singing DSTYGE...live....but it was just a little run-through...it sounded more like he was testing his voice out or something...but he sounded DIVINE!! :wub:

oh wow i havent heard this yet

ooh, you have to see it! he sounds so amazing!! I can't remember which special feature it's on though...It may be on "Meet the Vocalists" or "Meet the Band"

Last edited:
My head would probably burst if I heard Rock With You live from This Is It... his voice would of just been amazing like every time he performs that

Well if u listen to the band jam part either before or after Black or White, you can hear that they are playing the music to DSTYGE while they are interviewing members of the band...so its a possibility that he could have sang it, or they were just using it as an instrumental for a quick change.

My head would probably burst if I heard Rock With You live from This Is It... his voice would of just been amazing like every time he performs that

ooh, yes i know! i love it when he sings anything from OTW

On one of the special features, you hear Michael singing DSTYGE...live....but it was just a little run-through...it sounded more like he was testing his voice out or something...but he sounded DIVINE!! :wub:
:wub:

You can hear DSTYGE on the TII trailer, shame it wasn't shown in the movie. In fact there was so much in the trailer, that was never shown in the actual film, which I find really strange.

So we missed Dirty Diana, DSTYGE, SIM, WYBT, WATW, RWY..... wow the unseen set list is almost as strong as the one we have seen.... TII really was a stunning show huh? :(

I'm pretty sure that back in May or early June, someone mentioned MJ doing DSTYGE, RWT, and OTW. I don't see why they were left off though. DSTYGE is probably more popular that IJCSLY, so popularity/time constraint is not much of a reason. Maybe they didn't perform it often, so it wasn't developed much before he died?

Billie Jean was only done once. The RWY are also songs that are just him, so besides band rehearsal, he may have been waiting to rehearse them like with Billie Jean.

It's hard to believe that he didn't rehearse a song AT LEAST once.

I think Michael Beardon said MJ rehearsed Rock With You and said MJ commented that it was 'gonna hurt the girls'.

I wish he had done Get on the floor. One of my fav MJ songs EVER! That is the TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNE!

yess who was this comfirmed by? and whyyy wasnt none of it on the dvd wtf omg i need to tweet mr,oretga now

Yeah, indeed!
I never knew about this! I was a bit disappointed that no songs from the Off The Wall album are in This Is It as it happens to be my favorite album next to Thriller!

Sounded like he did in '79. :wild:

I wish we could have seen his rehearse the songs he rehearsed from Off The Wall. I love the Off The Wall album. But didn't they use DSTYGE in the trailer? I remember when the movie was out in theaters they would use the song and they used it in the commercials for the DVD too.
Hearing him do Rock With You live now would have been great. I love his vocals in that song.

What about Heartbreak Hotel. It seems they worked on that too

Said who? Love that song.

Regarding the "Off the wall" songs, even if they were rehearsed, how do you know if they have been recorded? I heard the cameras weren't always rolling. Maybe that's the problem...

Said who? Love that song.

Regarding the "Off the wall" songs, even if they were rehearsed, how do you know if they have been recorded? I heard the cameras weren't always rolling. Maybe that's the problem...

On one of those extras, I think it was "Meet the Band," there's a brief clip of them playing it.

Back