So Michael never wrote Human Nature

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
I was just reading through the Info stuff on my I-Tunes and Human Nature came up and it says " Composer, John Bettis/S.Porcaro" i believe one of those two are from the group Toto that done the Songs Africa and Rosana, its funny i always thought Michael wrote that song

true..he didn't..
there's alot of songs he didn't write which i thought he did..until I read who wrote it..
like "man in the mirror"..it's SUCH a Mj song! but when I think of the songs he did before that he didn't do too many "save the world" songs.. (except we are the world) but not on his albums.. because after that song (man in the mirror): heal the world, earth song, we've had enough (unreleased at the time though, but yeah..) came..

well to me it doesn't really matter coz he wrote some amazing songs like "will you be there" and a lot of other cool songs that have a beautiful meaning to them and I cant say that much about other artists today

To me, it doesn't matter if he wrote the songs or not because I think he chose to record the songs for a reason. He loved the message and meaning of the songs and wanted to get them out there to be heard. Plus, he puts his own spin on these songs and makes them his. Nobody can sing songs like Human Nature and Man In The Mirror like Michael Jackson can. :)

Yeah, he didn't write it yet it's my favorite song he sang. I believe he said when he was a kid that he didn't sing the songs if he didn't mean it. So, it's still very much his song IMO.

Yeah Steve Porcaro from Toto..Seriously guys if none of you know much of Toto you should definitely check them out.Seriously awesome band.Alot of them contributed to the Thriller album in some way shape or form.

Nope, he *never* did. LOL. Yeah Toto offered him a bunch of demos to listen to, and Mike and Quincy listened through them, but didn't really like any, and then on the other side of the tape (or something like that, basically not meant for them) was Human Nature and Michael said "I want this one" and Toto was a bit reluctant at first, but... the rest is history! Michael had an eye/ear for great songs.

Michael wrote the song. Twice, he said he wrote the song.

I remember he said that when he wrote it, he really didn't know where the song was going and that's it's one of those songs that require deep thought.

Also, in his interview with Bashir, he said he wrote Human Nature in his giving tree.

He said, along the lines, "I wrote a lot of songs in this tree.....human nature..."

I remember he said that when he wrote it, he really didn't know where the song was going and that's it's one of those songs that require deep thought.

Also, in his interview with Bashir, he said he wrote Human Nature in his giving tree.

He said, along the lines, "I wrote a lot of songs in this tree.....human nature..."

He didn't though? it says it was wrote by John Bettis & S.Porcaro if he did write it, it would come up composed by Michael Jackson, I-Tunes isn't wrong about these things :p well from what I've came across

you sure about that?
Because he didn't have neverland until after BAD

anyway he didn't write human nature, i think thats common knowledge..

Last edited:
He didnt wrote Human Nature and Man In The Mirror, loads of people offered him songs (thats a way for the writers to come into the industry) and if he really liked the song, if Michael saw talent he would help the artist, he would defenetly record the song, if he thought the song was good enough he encluded them

Michael has never ever claimed he wrote 'Human Nature'.

the albums say who wrote what, theres no need for the back in forth...lol
human nature, man in the mirror, thriller!!!!!!
he also took songs from other amazing writers, than only himself.
i thought he wrote it too when i first heard it, but i guess you assume he wrote it if you know hes a writer. and he puts such feeling in his songs and he feels what its saying.

Back