So I'm Just Gonna Ask This Anyway ; I Personally am Not Bothered by it ; Clubs Playing Michaels Song

BillieJean84

Proud Member
So I'm gonna just ask. I was at a certain type of a 'dance / nightclub' and the ladies were doing their thing there & while they were doing their thing, they played 2 Michael Jackson songs: PYT & Jam.

Which I thought both were 'appropriate' you could say.... Now before I ask, I want to say I don't personally get offended or 'uptight' about it ; Its no big deal to me one way or another. I was out having fun and 2 of the best, dance songs came on.

I wanna ask both guys and girls, if your out at a certain type of club and they play Michael Jackson there - would you over-think it and get offended?? Would you affiliate 'a certain type of club' where they have beautiful girls dancing - to Michael Jackson ??? Who p.s. has been to the Playboy Mansion. OR would it not bother you at all??

Am I over-thinking this?? Does this make any sense?? Your thoughts on this "issue"

I actually love when I hear MJ songs when i'm out. all my friends get excited and look at me or for me haha. it doesn't bother me cuz DJs have been playing MJ songs forever..they always create a buzz

I actually love when I hear MJ songs when i'm out. all my friends get excited and look at me or for me haha. it doesn't bother me cuz DJs have been playing MJ songs forever..they always create a buzz

exactley! I too, get so excited when I hear a dj play anything Michael Jackson ; Its almost like an inside joke amongs the DJ and me LOL:D

I'm really happy when I hear Michael Jackson being played too. I hardly ever hear songs like PYT and Jam though; it's always Bad/Beat It/Billie Jean/TWYMMF/ABC/IWYB. I don't feel uncomfortable when the DJ puts MJ on though, but maybe male fans would feel differently when it's a particularly 'sexy' song being played?!?! :p I don't know lol x

It's always fine by me when a DJ plays an MJ song. I just think to myself ''Finally we now got some real music on''

It really is a fresh change to all the crap modern music the DJ usually plays most of the night

Last edited:
the question I had more though was like in a particuarl type of club they play 'sexy' music ; music thats affiliated with ... sex I guess.. For example, Motley Crue / Girls Girls Girls and even the video to that was, them going to a strip club lol. So as much I think Michael Jackson is sexy and a gentleman, would you affiliate him or his music, to a gentlemen's club.

does that make sense?? I think I'm over-thinking it too much because as I said, I personally love it when clubs and any other place, play MJ.

oh this was awesome...on New Years eve I asked the DJ at this party to play Michael. he didn't play any until right at midnight. He started the year with 5 straight MJ songs! perfect way to start the year :)

A lot of Michaels songs is about girls and therefore its okay for his music to be affiliated with sex. And its easy to dance sexy to his music also. Of course Michaels songs isnt as sexfocused as for example Rude Boy by Rihanna, but we shouldnt forget there are some hidden messages here and there :D

A lot of Michaels songs is about girls and therefore its okay for his music to be affiliated with sex. And its easy to dance sexy to his music also. Of course Michaels songs isnt as sexfocused as for example Rude Boy by Rihanna, but we shouldnt forget there are some hidden messages here and there :D

thank you. I think you got my question. :D:yes: & its ok for Gentlemens Clubs to play them- as Michael not only was a sexy sexy man, but a gentleman as well. EVen though we may not affiliate Michael Jackson to be a 'Gentelmans Club' kind of man.

Yep, it's when these clubs stop playing MJ music that you have to worry. I think it's great.

Although, I don't go to clubs, lol. I'd rather have root canal with no anesthesia.

I was best man at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and a few weeks before that I heard the bride saying to her parents that she refused to play Michael Jackson at the wedding "because he's gay". The parents then responded by spewing loads of crap about his surgery and the allegations and the bride then told them to be quiet several times in case I heard. Well I did hear, but I pretended I didn't and I kept my calm for the sake for the bride groom and not to get off on the wrong foot with his new in-laws. I have been a good friend of the bride for 10 years previous to this and she (until June last year) had never indicated she had a particular problem with MJ, though I knew she wasn't a fan. I lost a lot of respect for her that night.

Anyway I was delighted at the wedding reception when through the course of the night the DJ played "Can You Feel It", "Blame It On The Boogie", "Billie Jean" and a 15 minute megamix!

Each time an MJ song came on, the wedding party really got a major boost, so it just goes to show that MJ is as popular as ever. Plus, I have the quiet satisfaction of knowing that not only was MJ played during the evening, he was played more than any other artist and his songs received the best reception each time they were played.

Final Score:

Bride 0, MJ 1

Yeah maybe the OP is overthinking this.. hehe. I also love to hear MJ on clubs and I sometimes go ask the DJ to play some MJ. It's always the highlight of the night to dance to Michael's music lol :D

oh this was awesome...on New Years eve I asked the DJ at this party to play Michael. he didn't play any until right at midnight. He started the year with 5 straight MJ songs! perfect way to start the year :)
That's awesome! :)

I would be more worried and upset if clubs were not playing MJ.

Yep! I grin like an idiot in stores, clubs, anywhere...his songs play (especially when it's unexpected). I'm just feeling my man is on...yippee!

They sound amazing in clubs. But my favorite place to hear them is at the fair. Basslines like billie jean booming at deafing volumes with all the coloured lights everywhere, the smiles and night sky, there's no greater thrill. I became a fan when they played billie jean at a fair.

Yep, it's when these clubs stop playing MJ music that you have to worry. I think it's great.

Although, I don't go to clubs, lol. I'd rather have root canal with no anesthesia.

Yep you and me both, I've never understood the fascination with going to clubs and I've yet to hear any of the clubs round here play MJ music. The only time is when I go to private functions like family parties because my dad is a DJ and knows I love MJ.

now that I think about it the name of this should have been: Where is your fave place to hear a MJ song?? =)

I think you are asking if we'd get offended if strippers used his songs to do their routines to? Or dances, or whatever it's called. If that's what you were asking, I'm not sure. I'm not really comfortable going to places like that to begin with. If I misunderstood your question, sorry. It just seemed you were beating around the ..uh.. bush (so to speak).

I think you are asking if we'd get offended if strippers used his songs to do their routines to? Or dances, or whatever it's called. If that's what you were asking, I'm not sure. I'm not really comfortable going to places like that to begin with. If I misunderstood your question, sorry. It just seemed you were beating around the ..uh.. bush (so to speak).

I was begining to think i was the only one who thought she was referring to a strip club :lol:

if strip clubs want to play mj's music, that's fine with me :)

now that I think about it the name of this should have been: Where is your fave place to hear a MJ song?? =)

I can edit the title for you if you want. I love when MJ songs are played everywhere. As soon as MJ comes on everyone hits the floor, its amazing! And once I actually chose the place where we wanted to eat just because Billie Jean was playing through its doors!

i was at strip club a couple months ago and they played dirty diana!!! and i loved it!!!! :D .. i always hear mj's music when i go clubbin' =) on my bday they played in the closet (which is really rare because they always play billiejean or the other mj overrated songs lol) and i danced my ass off. hahaa ohh what a night that was :wub:

Last edited:
I went clubbing last week and they played Blame It On The Boogie. The whole place went NUTS

yes thats what I was asking lol but I am over thinking it too much! what I was going to say was that like, we affiliate say, Tommy Lee with strip clubs and strippers - so they play alot of Motley Crue - but Michael does not like strip clubs as he told Madonna once lol....

but anyway I was at a strip club and I loved it when they were dancin to Jam & PYT

Back