so i guess this decade is going to be all about the electro pop sound

billyworld99

Proud Member
alot are artists are focusing in the electro pop dance muisc like chrisitnia aguilera, kelly rowland, neyo, lady gaga, and now joe jonas is coming out with a solo album which is electro pop influenced, but i've notice lots of songs have electro pop feeling to it,

it like the new generation of disco music in a way

I think it's to early to say that this decade is going to about electro pop music.

Music trends fade quicker than they come nowadays. For the reasons you just mentioned. Everybody starts doing the same thing and the audience eventually moves on to the next music sound that ussually rebels or is at least different from the music sound before that.

Also I think 90's Eurodance /House music was more of a new generation disco than the music right now. The Electropop nowadays sounds more early 80's than disco to me.
The Eurodance songs were straight up to dance to. Nothing more nothing less. A lot of the songs were about loving eachother and coming together all over the world but the makers had no problem admitting that the songs were there to just dance to and let go of the stress of the "real" world. I think the Disco era had a similar idea to that.

Also Eurodance/ house still had some great melodies to go along with the beats and that seems to be missing in this new electropop stuff. I guess that's another reason why I think that was more a new generation Disco kind of era.

Also the whole Electropop thing has been popular ( at least in Europe and other countries) for years. It is just now that America caught up with it and now almost every american artist is trying to do it. So I personally don't see any kind of music revolution or anything since the charts over here have had this kind of music in it for over 10 years.

Listen to Kylie Minogue's "Fever album" for example ("Can't get you out of my head", "In your eyes",etc). That was released in 2001/2002 something like that. That was a huge hit for her all over the world...(although I don't think in America)

I'll stop now, I think this is one of the longest replies I've given on this board lol

I think it's to early to say that this decade is going to about electro pop music.

Music trends fade quicker than they come nowadays. For the reasons you just mentioned. Everybody starts doing the same thing and the audience eventually moves on to the next music sound that ussually rebels or is at least different from the music sound before that.

Also I think 90's Eurodance /House music was more of a new generation disco than the music right now. The Electropop nowadays sounds more early 80's than disco to me.
The Eurodance songs were straight up to dance to. Nothing more nothing less. A lot of the songs were about loving eachother and coming together all over the world but the makers had no problem admitting that the songs were there to just dance to and let go of the stress of the "real" world. I think the Disco era had a similar idea to that.

Also Eurodance/ house still had some great melodies to go along with the beats and that seems to be missing in this new electropop stuff. I guess that's another reason why I think that was more a new generation Disco kind of era.

Also the whole Electropop thing has been popular ( at least in Europe and other countries) for years. It is just now that America caught up with it and now almost every american artist is trying to do it. So I personally don't see any kind of music revolution or anything since the charts over here have had this kind of music in it for over 10 years.

Listen to Kylie Minogue's "Fever album" for example ("Can't get you out of my head", "In your eyes",etc). That was released in 2001/2002 something like that. That was a huge hit for her all over the world...(although I don't think in America)

I'll stop now, I think this is one of the longest replies I've given on this board lol

Ah yes 90's Eurodance. I think that it has some of the best melodies ever. That's the main thing that bugs about today's so called ''Club Bangers'' (I really hate that phrase) is that they lack melody or have no melody at all. I know i keep talking about this but melody is so important in music, yes beats are important to but so is melody.

Here's a 90's dance song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J21mb-H8WCM

Yes the beats are still here but it also has strong vocal melody. If this song was released today the vocal melody would have been removed and it would have auto tune slapped all over it and the beats on the song would be turned up really loud

So yeah. I miss Melody in music

ohhh eurodance and the 90s :) Eurodance and house was a step forward from 80s Italo Disco music which was big in europe.

The electro pop thing is just something like New Wave music which was big at the start of the 80s, but didn't last a whole decade.

There is a new electro act comming out soon called D E K A D E. Turns out the guys are sons of 80s hit group Duran Duran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAXtf2nk4pI

Back