So Do you think Michael will really WIN on Sunday?

I feel the same way. It would be really nice if he did win something but I don't want to get my hopes up either.

I hope he wins at least one award. It would be an insult to nominate him 5 times then to find out he doesn't win at all. I hope they aren't just using his name to get more viewers.

Let's hope the crowd is full of Michael Jackson fans so that they can get a booing of a lifetime if Michael fails to win any!

Yeah, not gonna get my hopes up either. I can honestly see him winning at least one award, but all five? I wouldn't count on it.

Thank you for reminding me of this!!! I knew there was something lingering in my thoughts. This is it. (no pun intended). I pray he wins. :)

I hope he wins at least one award. It would be an insult to nominate him 5 times then to find out he doesn't win at all. I hope they aren't just using his name to get more viewers.

well, if the fans voted he should win...otherwise Taylor Swift will.

smh @ that thought.

I think he'll win at least one or two but not all. He's up against people like Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift who have tween girl fans by the dozens who all vote in droves. Plus voting was only open for people in the US and Michael's fanbase is bigger outside the US...

I think he'll win at least one or two but not all. He's up against people like Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift who have tween girl fans by the dozens who all vote in droves. Plus voting was only open for people in the US and Michael's fanbase is bigger outside the US...

I do not believe Gaga & Swift have a bigger fanbase in the US than MJ.

1 or 2 awards yes but beyond that would be a bit much. the show stinks as it is and is so political as it is. they should just rename it the michael jackson american music awards period. forget a token award or two just rename it after him period IMO.

well...how many times have we underestimated the support for michael, and how many more times has he surprised us? i think we'll have a pleasant surprise :)

well...how many times have we underestimated the support for michael, and how many more times has he surprised us? i think we'll have a pleasant surprise :)

I so hope you're right! I really want him to win.

Thank you for reminding. I forgot it just now lol.
Michael should at least win one award.

Last edited:
I could bet all the money Ive got that Michael will win ALL 5 categories!

Just you all wait and see!!!! I have no doubt about it!

He is such an icon and all his music was touched with a bit of magic. He should win..win.. win. MJ and his music has touched the whole world...so much that just glittery glove just sold for $420,000.00. No other musician has ever, ever had so much popularity as MJ. He was and is so dearly loved, and thank goodness his music will live on and on.

I believe that MJ no longer cares about receiving a trophy or a placque. I think he cares more about us continuing his mission to spread love to others. He wants us to "Heal the World" and love "All the Lost Children" and to always attempt to be more kind and generous by evaluating and looking each day at "The Man in the Mirror".

Now that MJ is in a better place, he would surely shake his head at the materialistic trophies and awards. However, as his fan, I would love for him to win them all.

i think he will win at least one award .. because his brothers are going to be there i saw the seating arrangement for the show and their in the front row there is a huge possibility hes going to win and im guessing the brothers will accept the award .....

I am going to be optimistic and say that Michael will win BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Michael! ;)

As much as I pray for Michael to win, I do think it is unfair to all the living artists that released new music in the past year.

They should of instead have a special honour for Michael that could be given to his family and friends.

Let's wish MJ would win something. I am off to sleep now (it is 3:30 am here in HK) and let me know the good news tomorrow!

Back