So, did anyone NOT buy Bad 25?

WildStyle

Proud Member
Just wondering if anyone who posts here hasn't bought the album and if so, why? This isn't thread to demean anyone who hasn't or jump down their throat. I'm just curious. You can just vote in the poll anonymously if you'd like.

For the record, I've bought two copies of the deluxe edition and may buy the standard edition and the standalone DVD. Will also buy the 3 LP when it comes out.

Edit - For some reason I can't add a poll.

I accidentally bought 2 copies of the Deluxe edition....I think Amazon messed up....Oh well, now I have a collector's copy that I won't open :D

I haven't bought it... yet. But I do intend to.

I'm totally broke until december, but will buy it then... I've listened to it on Spotify, though :)

Still pissed over the Michael album and the quality and editing done to the Wembley DVD, so no.

I bought it of course!

They did great with disc 2, the Live CD is AMAZING and the Wembley DVD is fantastic. - They did a great job restoring and the quality of the concert is waaayy better than I had hoped it to be when I heard it was a VHS rip!

Such a great job by SONY and the Estate! :)

Just a reminder, I'm asking who hasn't bought it lol. Probably shouldn't have mentioned that I did :)

Unfortunately lack of funds made me just pre-order the Wembley DVD (I still don't have it, but the estate has my undying thanks for this). I still have my original album, the cassette, and I bought the 2001 Special Edition CD, so I thought I could do without the new CDs-but now I'm craving the Live CD. So I might break down.

i haven't but i will maybe this week or next week (deluxe 3vds+1dvd package)...i cannot wait to see the bad tour

Nope. Don't have spare money for that at the moment.

If you didnt buy it , have you downloaded any or al of the new content? Sorry but if so you Should purchase this. The estate has done us proud and we must still support if you want more material, Sony/estate is a buisness and like any other it needs to make profit!

I have and will continue to do so.

In my opinion downloading can be ok.

If you HAVE pre-orderd or bought the album on which the song is downloading it as soon as it leaks is ok IMO! - you only download what you have already paid for really!

If you have NOT pre-ordered or bought the album - you have NO RIGHT what so ever to download IMO! - cause then you steal what you don't wanna pay for!!!

Just my opinion.

I haven't bought it and have no intention to until someone formally acknowledges the fraud on 'Michael'.

I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind boycotting Bad25 because of the Michael album. I mean, I understand that everybody makes their own decisions as to what releases they want to buy and support, and I have to respect that decision. It's just hard for me to see what good boycotting Bad25 will do. I think most fans agree that Bad25 is a great release, definitely a step in the right direction after the Michael album. So far though Michael has been far more commercially successful than Bad25. If the Michael album remains the most commercially successful release post-2009, what does that tell Sony about what kind of albums they should release in the future?

I haven´t bought it, but that is not because I boycott anything, I don´t have the money. It´s on my wishlist though.

If the Michael album remains the most commercially successful release post-2009, what does that tell Sony about what kind of albums they should release in the future?
To stop Sony from drawing incorrect conclusions is not a valid reason to buy the album. Numbers can be interpreted however one wants to interpret them.

I think kopwatcher's reason is valid, but that's because I can understand the great stress and hurt that that release caused. Personally, I'm still very upset about it and am desperate for a real resolution, but at the same time, it didn't stop me from purchasing Bad 25. I will never purchase 'Michael' however.

I didn't buy the album until today. Reason - I didn't have money. And even today, I had to settle for the 2 CD release which I bought at an ebay auction. I really wanted the deluxe version, but I doubt that I'll ever buy it. I'll just buy the DVD when I get the chance.
I am desperate for new new MJ stuff, but I just can't afford it all.

Also, I don't own ''Michael'' and I never will, but this release was done respectfully and it deserves the support from the fans.

I simply don't have the money right now. I've been enjoying the album on Spotify, for now.

I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind boycotting Bad25 because of the Michael album. I mean, I understand that everybody makes their own decisions as to what releases they want to buy and support, and I have to respect that decision. It's just hard for me to see what good boycotting Bad25 will do. I think most fans agree that Bad25 is a great release, definitely a step in the right direction after the Michael album. So far though Michael has been far more commercially successful than Bad25. If the Michael album remains the most commercially successful release post-2009, what does that tell Sony about what kind of albums they should release in the future?

i don't think the 'Michael' album would stop Sony from re releasing his classics with added material, because they never bombed, when they were re released in the past.

anyway, i didn't buy Bad 25. But..i did buy Remember The Time, the single on iTunes, just now. :) That badadadadadadadadappp just baps me. I Love his singing prowess!

The DVD was only worth getting for Michael's part, not Sonys. It did get a bit boring after a week or two, the camera angles are only exciting once really, just like how it wouldve been at the actual show. Now im back to enjoying the Dangerous Tour DVD, and multiple HIStory Tour shows much more. Now i can sorta see why Michael only wanted us to see him live in 1988, he hadnt perfected his show for a DVD release until his next tour! Its still a nice release but i just wish i knew what i know now 3 years ago :/

Now i can sorta see why Michael only wanted us to see him live in 1988, he hadnt perfected his show for a DVD release until his next tour! Its still a nice release but i just wish i knew what i know now 3 years ago :/

No .

I've just received it!!! :D I'm so happy! (Unfortunately not deluxe)
I'm going to listen to the "new" songs and watch the concert!
Just wanted to share my joy:)

Purposly not buying BAD 25 because of the message it will tell SONY is a waist of your time.. Sony is a multi billion dollar company that has been in the game for decades now.. They understand the market much better than we do. These are trained professionals.. They became a billion dollar company because they understand supply,demand, and the value of what will sell..

Is it always in the best interest of the artist, or fans of the artist. no!! As creative as we will get, we cannot short cut what the team over at SONY is capable of.

And in my estimation buying it will show how rare footage is a high demand.. NOT the release of music.. The reason it will sell is not because of the orginal tracks.. its the rare songs,concert, and pictures and box art.. they know that, thats why they made it.. If ANYTHING buying it will show to continue being elaborate with releases..

That is a positive thing.. they allready know how little re-releases sell.. they have hundreds of CD's released of re-released.. sell a few hundred thousand and thats it.. they are not stupid..

SPOT ON KOPV!

Sony are not stupid and will look to see how this sells, plus what interest it has gained along with Spike;s soon to be commercially released BAD25 doc! If you like whats there then you have no excuse not to purchase this set and if you dont then i just hope you would not of done this to Michael if he was still alive. The estate need all the fans support more than ever, they asked us what we wanted. After a huge campaign for years and years they listened and responded! They still are but can you blame them if they dont just do whatever they think is best and not the fans if we do not support them!

I am sure this is what Michael would of wanted, had he not been taken from us so quick!

Terry

I respect those had issues with this release and didn't buy. If this package is not upto expectations, then it doesn't deserve your money.

Personally, I'm satisfied. The DVD quality is not that bad for me.

Purposly not buying BAD 25 because of the message it will tell SONY is a waist of your time.. Sony is a multi billion dollar company that has been in the game for decades now.. They understand the market much better than we do. These are trained professionals.. They became a billion dollar company because they understand supply,demand, and the value of what will sell..

I fully appreciate the null impact of some people not buying it. However, I'm not trying to have an impact. It's the principle. I will not give my money to that company again.

Back