Snoop Dogg wished MJ a happy birthday and gave tribute concert.

Snoop Dogg, along with director Spike Lee, paid homage to the memory of the late Michael Jackson yesterday when they celebrated his birthday at the 2nd annual "Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson" party. According to reports, Snoop performed multiple Michael Jackson songs adding "His music, his spirit represented love and peace around the whole world and it influenced me and what I do, so for me to come through, it's just showing love and respect and paying homage to a great artist who meant so much to music in general and the people."

And a video of it in the link!!!!

Ignore the comments below it, that forum is well known (for me) to be full of idiots.

http://www.rapbasement.com/snoop-do...kson-happy-birthday-watch-here-click-now.html

I was there yesterday and had a ball!

Spike Lee just released a statement and said that 50,000 people strong showed up yesterday to celebrate Michael's birthday. Last year the number was 20,000. Spike also said that he is already thinking about NEXT year.

In my opinion, this event will only getter bigger.

We picked a spot to set up camp, but were all over the place. I guess people learned from last year, because this time around there were more chairs, blankets (picnic baskets and coolers). It's like a GIANT outdoor house party, for all ages, colors and creeds. Michael would be proud to see people mixing it up like they were doing yesterday.

Big Ups to Spike Lee for putting the entire thing together for 2 years in a row!

Dank je wel man !!!!!! I'll check it out right now !!!

Edit : Snoop and the rhinestone glove lol, double, triple merci Staffy, i have never thought about that combination lol, looks very nice :D.

Last edited:
Yeah this awesome of Snoop and Spike Lee. How much did a ticket cost,by the way?

Snoop not so long ago said he always loved the king of pop, no matter what.

Yeah this awesome of Snoop and Spike Lee. How much did a ticket cost,by the way?

Snoop not so long ago said he always loved the king of pop, no matter what.
That's the best thing about Spike's celebration, it's totally FREE! Spike does not charge, any expenses incurred are paid for by Spike Lee and the City Of New York.

That's the best thing about Spike's celebration, it's totally FREE! Spike does not charge, any expenses incurred are paid for by Spike Lee and the City Of New York.

Thank you Mr Spike Lee :wub: real friend, nothing to gain, only a tribute for a friend - so rare it must be told ! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Shows you right then and there who is phony and who sincere. a big thank you to spike lee, wish I would have been there, I guess you couldnt compare this event organized by Spike to that tacky fanvention lol

Sounds great.

And so nice it's free. That's in the spirit of MJ.

What a fabulous event - how great that it's free, too!

How awesome that the video showed Snoop Dogg performing over Butterflies - Vince is getting some respect! :)

Wow, 50,000 people were there. It's really nice of him to do this for Michael and the fans.

Thanks for the link. That event seems great, props to Spike Lee :)

Whenever the Rev. Al speaks, he always seems like he's giving a speech, even when saying the simplest of things....LOL.

50,000......so happy about that....MJ fans truly care and I only see this getting bigger and bigger every year!

Big thanks to Spike Lee, he went above and beyond. I appreciate this so much more than that fanvention back in Gary.

Waw you guys had a good time. I know it would be bigger and bigger as time goes on. The day before I went to a tacky event by Kiss FM. It was not free, the music was too low, the speakers were scratchy, the cruise started late, etc., etc. I will not do this again. It seems they just milked MJ name to make a big profit on that day.

I think it's beautiful what Spike has been doing for Michael's birthday. It really is a lot of fun. It's a celebration for and about Michael and his music. I just wish the weather wasn't so blazing hot. I wanted to stay longer than the 2 hours but I was starting to feel sick. I'm afraid I will only go next year if it's in the 80's or if someone invents an air conditioned suit, lol! So sorry Michael! I'm sure you would understand the sun thing. ;)

Glad you young spry ones had fun in the Republic of Brooklyn. I'm so proud of my borough right now. :)

hate to be a debbie downer but I really dont think anywhere near 50,000 were there lol

it was still a HUGE CROWD though any tons of energy

That was pretty of Snoop. :wild:

Wow, 50,000 people... :eek: Thanks Spike Lee! :hug: :wub:

This is a great sign that this event was great and wonderful! :dance: I hope that's sacred and happen every year. :wild: :punk:

Back