Smooth criminal vignette

Remington Steele

Proud Member
Just watched it on BD... a few questions I have:

1.) there was this rumor that in the moment you can see them dance as a silhouette, it's not Michael, but a double. This was from that article of someone who claimed he was employed during the rehearsals...
Now is this true or not? It seems like Michael to me...

2.) Are the scenes in which he runs through the streets and also the scene where he uses the machine gun from "Moonwalker", or is it all new footage? Forgive me, but I don't have "Moonwalker" in my head that detailed (and the cuts are so fast!).

3.) Why is it called "Backstage..." on the BD and DVD?

there is scenes from moonwalker in it yes. ;) everything else is michael .. there are always romurs .. always dont believe it

either way with the technology we have now-a-days they can make Michael into a silhouette and putting him there in the way he wanted us to see it. Idk if its a rumor frankly I dont CARE.

Well, I do care. If they did that silhouette afterwards with him, that's fine... I'd just like to know if it's really him.

Well, I do care. If they did that silhouette afterwards with him, that's fine... I'd just like to know if it's really him.

Well if you have seen Michael's performances as many times as most people here have (even if its all just on YouTube) you could probably tell if its a phony or not!!!!!!!!!

There is 1 part during the suilloette part that isnt MJ, you can see them all in a line and they are all wearing black suits, no MJ in his white suit.

Well if you have seen Michael's performances as many times as most people here have (even if its all just on YouTube) you could probably tell if its a phony or not!!!!!!!!!

Come on... it's really hard to be 100% sure from a few seconds silhouette footage.

There is 1 part during the suilloette part that isnt MJ, you can see them all in a line and they are all wearing black suits, no MJ in his white suit.

Can you please give me a time index on the BD or (if possible) US-DVD? (PAL-DVD has different timing and I only have the BD)

The scene of MJ shooting a gun in the street is not from Moonwalker. The only Moonwalker scene is when he shoots the tommy gun in the club and also the part of the silhouette of the soldiers marching outside the window.

hm, plus also a short scene in the street where you can see the shadows of the soldiers, right?

Come on... it's really hard to be 100% sure from a few seconds silhouette footage.

Can you please give me a time index on the BD or (if possible) US-DVD? (PAL-DVD has different timing and I only have the BD)

27:50 is the time code, when they are all turned around facing the screen. They are all wearing black suits. I'm not trying to start a conspiracy or something it's probably just a rehearsal with the dancers

Thank you, interesting... I looked at it, you're right.

I agree, the rest MUST be him. It's really annoying people have to set out such untrue rumors... :(.

Hm, one last question: Just looked at the whole SC part again on a 3 yard Full HD screen... the scene in the streets where he runs, stopps and then shoots, is this the stuntman? When you look at his nose (he turns before he runs), it seems it's him and not Michael...

Hm, one last question: Just looked at the whole SC part again on a 3 yard Full HD screen... the scene in the streets where he runs, stopps and then shoots, is this the stuntman? When you look at his nose (he turns before he runs), it seems it's him and not Michael...

thats a 3 meter screen .thats a big tv

Back