Smooth Criminal sample the song Everybody wants to rule the world!?!?

oooh i can hear it! I don't think it's a sampling though...just sounds similar...but, hey, you never know! Good observation! :clapping:

the beat sounds more like TWYMFF. I can't hear SC similarity.

that bit is definitely similar. He may have been inspired by it. It sounds like The Way You Make Me Feel but the piano sound, if it was piano, is like the one in Smooth Criminal.

I heard TWYMMF too, in the first YT vid...but then when you listen to SC, and the times pointed out..you can definitely hear the similarity...but I agree...i don't think it's a sample ...

I would say more similar to TWYMMF but it could be just random similarity, and probably is..

I've heard Everybody Wants To Rule The World many times and never noticed that beat in that way :D

Wow! I just accidentally found this song by "Tears for Fears" on youtube and the first thought was that it's beat definitely sounds like TWYMMF... as "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" came first I must admit MJ may have sampled it :) Or it's just a very very big coincidence...
Very good song indeed!

I can't hear any simularity between Tears For Fears, Everybody Want to Rule the World and Smooth Criminal. None at all. But I can hear a strong simularity in the bassline between it Everybody Want to Rule the World and The Way You Make Me Feel.

In fact if I'm not sure if Michael was inspired by the Everybody Want to Rule the World. It was pointed out to me back in 1991, that the bassline of The Way You Make Feel and other parts of the composition of The Way You Make Me Feel, was take from Madonna's song True Blue. I hate to say it, but there is a huge simularity in the musical composition of The Way You Make Me Feel and True Blue.

Madonna - True Blue

I can't hear any simularity between Tears For Fears, Everybody Want to Rule the World and Smooth Criminal. None at all. But I can hear a strong simularity in the bassline between it Everybody Want to Rule the World and The Way You Make Me Feel.

the bass line is similar to tWYMMF and the violins are similar to those on Smooth Criminal !!!

Back