Smooth Criminal - MJ looks at camara?

SkyWalk

Proud Member
After just watching Smooth Criminal I thought - why does MJ look at the camara and does a funny kinda dying move or what ever it is when he says "you've been hit by you've been struck by a smooth criminal" on the top of the stairs?

It's funny because it's such an iconic shot that we are all used to seeing it.... But if you really look at it it's well it's different and does it mean anything or was it just a spontaneous move cos' Mike knew the camara was there and went with what ever he felt...lol

But don't get me wrong I love that bit, its Smooth Crinimal!!!!!

I see what you are speaking of. Im not sure it that a dying move or not but iif it was, He is most likely just interpreting the lyrics with his dance. I don't think that is spontanious becuase the director had the camera right there to shoot that exact shot for MJ. It could have been but It was probably planned and well rehearsed. This was a short film not just a stage performance where he would improvise more freely.

Smooth Criminal is a Masterpiece. :) The part you speak of starts around 3:26

Oooohhhh, Smooth Criminal! One of my absolute favorites! :wild:

I've lost count on how many times I have watched this video...I mean, short film.

And I love it whenever he looks at the camera - planned or not. :clap:

*Sigh* He's so gorgeous!

OMGosh! I can see me now!!

I made the 20!!!! Yay me! :clapping: lol

Helloooo Everyone! :ciao:

Smooth Criminal is the coolest thing to ever happen in music

I simply LOVE the smooth criminal video, and think it's somewhat underrated.

The particular dance move you are referring to, I've always thought was cool. It's slightly robotic.

Yes that dance move with the camara look, I'm now convinced it's MJ imitating Annie being shot (you've been hit by you've been struck by a smooth criminal) !!!

Back