Smooth Criminal Hot Toys Doll ???

Showman74

Proud Member
I was wondering if anyone knew or had any information in regards to the "Smooth Criminal" Hot Toys Doll that was announced over a year ago??? I find the wait to be quite long now, and with the fiasco of the Bravado dolls... I'm wondering if it's been cancelled or not??

Are there any more Bravado dolls coming?

I'm guessing not... cause they've cancelled the release of "1st Moonwalk"... it looks like Bravado has officially ended their line of dolls... and no one knows why! Apperantly "Smooth Criminal" and "Grammy Award" were the next in line, but I think that's over!

I thought the Smooth Criminal doll was supposedly from Hot Toys, but there was no official announcement - just fan speculation. While the Motown 25th doll was officially announced by Bravado, and then cancelled. I was looking forward to it, and 3 is just an odd number lol...

I thought the Smooth Criminal doll was supposedly from Hot Toys, but there was no official announcement - just fan speculation. While the Motown 25th doll was officially announced by Bravado, and then cancelled. I was looking forward to it, and 3 is just an odd number lol...

Yes Hot Toys was in preparation to create the "Smooth Criminal" doll... it wasen't fan specualtion it was informed officially by Hot Toys themselves in one of there catalogues of future releases! As you can see here...

...That was over a year ago tough, and we still have nothing! Which is why I was hoping someone would here would have known something. And as for the Bravado... they started out with Billie Jean & Thriller... than they were going to release Beat It & Motown 25, and out of nowhere Motown was cancelled, but inside the package for Beat It was an ad that specified that Smooth Criminal & Award Show 1984 (or something like that) were the next 2... since we've heard nothing! So I'm completely lost!

^Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the Hot Toys' Smooth Criminal figure annoucement. That would have been AWESOME. I have the 3 Bravado dolls, but since I never took them out the box I never saw that ad.

I hope the cancellations don't mean that Michael dolls were selling poorly :(

^Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the Hot Toys' Smooth Criminal figure annoucement. That would have been AWESOME. I have the 3 Bravado dolls, but since I never took them out the box I never saw that ad.

I hope the cancellations don't mean that Michael dolls were selling poorly :(

Your welcome =) ...As for the ads, just open the bottom side of the box, it's a little piece of paper stuck on the cardboard, you won't need to take out anything of the doll!

I know what you mean, I really hope it's not the case either, especially as I thought they were selling great cause it was more accessible for fans who couldn't afford a Hot Toys doll! When I asked Bravado they told me they had no idea why it was cancelled and to this day it still remains a mystery as to why... especially as they cancelled my order on the day it was suppose to be released... how weird is that??

Can someone scan the Smooth ad? I'd love to see it :)

I have to try to get my scanner running (I've been having problems with it for the past few weeks) once it works i'll scan it for you =)

Back