Slightly worried about ticket refunds...

Dutchie

Guests
Hey you guys,

forgive me if this is in the wrong section or if it's been posted before ( I couldn't find it) but I'm slightly worried.

I've applied for refunds for my This is It tickets on ticketmaster and on viagogo, but haven't received any refunds except for my afterparty tickets for 1 show. Has anyone received their refunds yet, and what did you do to get it?

I am waiting for quite a big amount in total, and since my trip to L.A. after Michael died I really need the money! :doh:

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dutchie, yes i did receive my refund. A long time ago. I was scheduled to attend the July 22nd and July 30th concerts and got refunded for both. All i had to do was to go to http://www.michaeljacksonlive.com, find a ticketmaster refund form there, and fill it. I checked my bank account later on and found out that i had been refunded. I didn't receive any email from ticketmaster telling me "you've just been refunded " or something.

Last edited:
Mastercard gave me the refund, i made a claime with them, and they refunded a month later (with your next payoff), they are still under investigaion with ticketmaster about it though.. Because Mastercard didn't recieve anything yet.. Maybe that's a solution for other people who paid with Mastercard.

But my big problem was that i recieved a new Mastercard, so I had to contact Mastercard anyway because ticketmaster wouldn't send refunds to a card other than the one that was used for ordering the tickets (and that card doesn't excist anymore!).

I got mine ages ago, you have to ask for it and it took a couple of weeks to go back on my card. I got them through ticketmaster, mine were for 30th July

Hi...same here I applied through the AEG link MichealJackson.live.com...got mine from ticketmaster about 4 weeks after applying, no email to say I had been refunded, neither did I get a confirmation email to say the request for a refund had been received, so it was a case of waiting, however I would in your case follow it up with telephone calls to the various ticketing agencies as I would have though most refunds would have been done by now...people who requested tickets are still awaiting their tickets though.

when did u apply dutchie? as soon as they went out?

I didnt receive anything.

I also had the same thing happening. My mastercard company got taken over and I got a new mastercard.

I guess I have waited way too long, but I figured it was just a slow system.

Just emailed them. lets see what will happen.

i got it back ages ago but you may want to check the creditcardbelance itself.
Mine had a positive balance but they didnt send it back to my bankaccount automaticly so i had to ask mastercard to return it to my bankaccount.

edit:

i got it back ages ago but you may want to check the creditcardbelance itself.
Mine had a positive balance but they didnt send it back to my bankaccount automaticly so i had to ask mastercard to return it to my bankaccount.

I just checked this month's creditcard bill I and indeed I see that ticketmaster has refunded me! I had not noticed because I didn't realise the money would be on my creditcard instead of my normal bank account. Also, my creditcard bill was so high I wouldnt have noticed without checking the bill. LOL!!!

Still waiting on Viagogo though, anyone got refunds from them yet????

Last edited:
I asked for refunds around mid-July and used the form at michaeljacksonlive.com for TicketMaster. I got the refunds around 3 weeks later too..and as others have also said...mine came without any comfirmation or notice as a plus balance on the Mastercard. The money had to be transfered to the bankaccount from Mastecard. So I got the refunds...but I am STILL waiting for my ticket. They better send it soon. They kept the Fed Ex charge which was around 13 pounds. Wonder how they are justifying that since I have been waiting for my ticket for AGES. And they BETTER send the ticket soon (or else, collective lawsuit, anyone?! :rant:). I'm not donating 90 pounds to AEG. :angry:

Yeah i recieved a full refund for the 30th July show.

Everyone pretty much got their refunds, we are just waiting on the tickets now.

I've applied for partial refund on Aug 5th but so far haven't received any money I'm a bit worried too

Again, are you guys talking about Viagogo or about Ticketmaster?
My second post in this thread states I received my ticketmaster refund....just waiting on Viagogo now.

@ TwinklEE: have you checked your creditcard (mastercard) balance? I had no idea they had transfered the money to there.

I'm pretty sure you should have had your viagogo refund by now. Did you get the email from them with a personalised link? On that page it came up with your tickets and you could choose whether you wanted a refund or part refund to keep the ticket. They were being sent out by like July 6th or something! You should call them or email them.

Again, are you guys talking about Viagogo or about Ticketmaster?
My second post in this thread states I received my ticketmaster refund....just waiting on Viagogo now.

@ TwinklEE: have you checked your creditcard (mastercard) balance? I had no idea they had transfered the money to there.

Yes I did, but I still haven't gotten the money, I don't know what to do? :unsure:

I'm pretty sure you should have had your viagogo refund by now. Did you get the email from them with a personalised link? On that page it came up with your tickets and you could choose whether you wanted a refund or part refund to keep the ticket. They were being sent out by like July 6th or something! You should call them or email them.
Thanks for the reply. I emailed them, let's see what they say.

My refund was from TicketMaster. I didn't wanna get anything from Viagogo, I didn't trust that site. :lol: I hope my ticket will arrive soon...

My refund was from TicketMaster. I didn't wanna get anything from Viagogo, I didn't trust that site. :lol: I hope my ticket will arrive soon...
Actually, Viagogo have been really fair about it. Right after Michael died they had a message on their website that said something like "No hassle, no complications.....just a refund. "

I emailed them and it turns out the email link I clicked on and requested a refund with never came through. They sent me the link again so I could try again for the refund, and this time it worked. :yes: So now I wait for my money :)

good glad u got it sorted. tbh i was quite impressed with how via.. handled the refunds

good glad u got it sorted. tbh i was quite impressed with how via.. handled the refunds
yeah I agree. And even now, with them emailing me saying they didn't receive my refund request and sent me the link again so I could try again......very polite.

Ticketmaster never replied to ANY of my emails....so yeah. :doh:

Back