slight predicament

Alyssa

Proud Member
okay guys...ive a slight predicament,
my mums let me decide on the family holiday this year, and im stuck between 2 places,
Australia and
New york

i have always wanted to go to new york, and australia but deciding which one is really tough.
ive family in australia so thats a plus, but New York looks absolutly Unreal!!!
please help...if you can? like what would you prefer? i honestly cant pick :scratch:

i wanted to go to LA, but not all the family wana go there :sad:

Hmmm. I've never been to Australia but I've been to New York and I loved it. BUT....to me it was just like any other big city such as London or Paris.

Australia is a destination that's completely different, so I'd say Australia.

where in Oz. depends what u want. do u want a beach type holiday or a city break. how long do u wanna go for? do u wanna travel around abit and see more places other than the main place u are staying in?

NYC is alot like other major cities in the world, but it just has it's own special "feel". Alot to do and see, fantastic array of restaurants, from legendary hole in the wall type places all the way to incredibly diverse and innovative cuisine. Given the approximation of so much in the space it holds, definitely worth doing at least once in a lifetime.

Australia, like Elusive mentioned, is HUGE. So many different climates/places of interest, etc. But, it would require time and the freedom to travel to actually "see" what the whole of Australia is all about.

Another thought, the "seasons" are opposite, when it's summer in NYC, it's winter in Australia, if that would influence your choice according to when you want to travel. (Although "winter" in Australia is probably not quite like the winters I'm used to in midwest America.)

thanks for all your help everyone...i think its gotta be new york.

ill go to Oz some othertime perhaps.

If its a family trip its got to be NYC - there's plenty of things to go off and do on your own when you start getting on each other's nerves....

Its a looooonnngg flight down under, especially being in close proximity with people you'd never want to see again....EVER.....they may be blood but you'll want to kill them after 26 hours stuck in a tin can a mile up!!

Save Australia for when you do your big Round The World trip with your mates.....

NYC is alot like other major cities in the world,
i wouldnt say that.its pretty unique with its attractions. and certainly nothing like major european cities. maybe more like aisan cities

i wouldnt say that.its pretty unique with its attractions. and certainly nothing like major european cities. maybe more like aisan cities

I agree with you, it is unique, but not unlike some other major cities around the world as far as bustling traffic at times, etc.

One thing to recommend, be safe and be aware of things around you wherever you go. Other than that, enjoy yourself and the experiences.:yes:

Back