Slave To The Rhythm Alternate Edit

Do you like this cut more then the album version?

• Yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Same

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

ShaunAKABear

Proud Member
I recut the remix of Slave To The Rhythm from XSCAPE because I think it improves the flow and energy. Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30hQQyLyZ20

If you like this cut better, please share the link, post replies here, and tweet @michaeljackson and tell them to cut the radio version like this!

The main changes are I put the second half of the 3rd verse (She dance through the night...) after the first verse which really builds the energy before the chorus. I cut the second half of the 1st chorus, and made the second half of the 2nd chorus go up the octave by switching it with the 3rd verse, both of which help push the energy forward. And I cut the first half of the 3rd verse so the bridge goes right to "She dance" and added a guitar doubling his voice, both like the Billboard Music Awards performance, and both IMO keeping the energy up. I also changed the position of few of the Oooos and Ohhs. Not a fan of the Cha's at the beginning so I replaced those and gave you more of that insane percussion. :bugeyed

I'm also working on the title track XSCAPE, and my changes are much more drastic and super cool, IMO. Can't wait to share it soon!

They used melodyne for the end vocals? "love-love-loove"

I'd rather have the opening of the 2014 version put on the 2010 version. I think that would be the best mix if anyone could do that. 2010 version has a better bridge IMO.

That was good i enjoy it. I like the version that their had at the BBMAs better.

Back