Slasher Films

KB50MJ

Proud Member
I am a HUGE fan of slasher films. I enjoy these films more than any other type of movie.

So I decided to make a thread dedicated to slasher films.

For those who don't know what they are:
Slasher film is a sub-genre of the horror film genre typically involving a psychopathic killer stalking, and killing a sequence of victims in a graphically violent manner, often with a cutting tool such as a chainsaw or scythe. Although the term "slasher" may be used as a generic term for any horror movie involving graphic acts of murder, the slasher as a genre has its own set of characteristics which set it apart from related genres like the splatter film.

- Wikipedia

For more on Slasher Films visit this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slasher_film

I have many slasher films in my DVD collection, like:

1. The Entire Friday the 13th series

2. The entire Nightmare on Elm Street Series

3. The Scream Trilogy

4. The Entire Halloween series

5. The Entire Psycho series

6. The 'I Know What You did Last Summer' trilogy

7. The entire Saw series

8. The entire Hannibal Lector series.

9. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and the Beginning.

10. The Urban Legend trilogy

11. The Shinning

12. When a stranger calls remake.

13. The Last House on the left original

14. The Strangers

15. Prom Night original

16. Vacancy

17. Touristas

NOTE: I have many other horror movies, but I'm not sure if they fall under the slasher film sub-genre, so they will remain unlisted

So discuss your favorite slasher films and memories from when you saw them and what you think of them.

I love them..BUT..I MUST cover my eyes through practically the whole thing,,:lmao:

I love them..BUT..I MUST cover my eyes through practically the whole thing,,:lmao:

lol. I've been watching these films sine I was like 8. So I'm use to it all.

I love the suspense and the mystery on who the killer is and all that. They are just great.

I love the suspense and the mystery on who the killer is and all that. They are just great.

yeah I am pretty old so I have watching these movies for quite awhile....and I have always covered my eyes..I have always been a chicken,,,:lmao:

You gonna see the remake to 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'? Also have you seen the trailer? So yeah as you can see I like that franchise but hate when they made freddy start to crack jokes more and it just made the films seem less realistic.... Btw here is a place where they make the real gloves!! http://www.nightmaregloves.com/homepage/homepage.html and even though not really slasher film but I love the SAW films aswell.

Back