Slapstick vs Hot Street discussion

ForeverTheKing

Proud Member
As some of you may know there are a couple of versions "Hot Street"...theres Slapstick which is i believe is the first version of Hot Street before it got changed to the Hot Street lol. Theres another copy of Hot Street that was on the Thriller demos and it seems the tempo is slowed down a bit on that although i believe all the words are the same. then theres the hot street demo that was leaked in bad demo quality...which one do u all like the better? Slapstick or Hot Street?

As some of you may know there are a couple of versions "Hot Street"...theres Slapstick which is i believe is the first version of Hot Street before it got changed to the Hot Street lol. Theres another copy of Hot Street that was on the Thriller demos and it seems the tempo is slowed down a bit on that although i believe all the words are the same. then theres the hot street demo that was leaked in bad demo quality...which one do u all like the better? Slapstick or Hot Street?

personally i prefer slapstick. Mikes vocals are awesome on it, much better than hot street. Also the music is much more in your face with loads of great, but slightly cheesy synth lines! lol. But its great fun and what its all about. The only put off is the ridiculous lyrics!

The Hq hot street demo from the thriller version, sounds much more like a polished album track, but i think its too dry sounding and almost boring, and it tried to cover up the fun song it is. I much prefer slapstick, but i know most fans prefer hot street

personally i prefer slapstick. Mikes vocals are awesome on it, much better than hot street. Also the music is much more in your face with loads of great, but slightly cheesy synth lines! lol. But its great fun and what its all about. The only put off is the ridiculous lyrics!

The Hq hot street demo from the thriller version, sounds much more like a polished album track, but i think its too dry sounding and almost boring, and it tried to cover up the fun song it is. I much prefer slapstick, but i know most fans prefer hot street

i agree...i dont care for the HQ hot street version its like it took away all the edge from the song..slapstick though a BIT cheesy with the lyrics its still very great vocally...overall i love the bad demo version of Hot Street I think it kinda just brings all the good qualities of the songs and brings it all together for one doperific masterpiece :D

heard hotstreet but not slapstick...? kinda makes you glad he changed the name..

this is a really hard one, i have loved hot street as i had a half decent version awile ago and been listening to it n when i first heard slapstick is didnt seem right but i have to agree he vocals do seem better

over all i love hot street such a great tune

ROFL i thought slapstick and hot street were musical styles or whatever. When i read the first few posts i was like "there's a slapstick version of billie jean and beat it? COOL!!" :p

anyway i'll have to let both demos sink before making a decision :p

Last edited:
Haha ^

I don't know...I like "Hot Street", but I do think his vocals were much more powerful in "Slapstick."

The lyrics to "Slapstick" made me lol the first time I heard it though.
"Give me some slapstick (turnin' me on)"
But it's kind of cute.

So I guess I prefer "Hot Street" lyrically, but "Slapstick" for everything else.
Does that make sense?

Haha ^

I don't know...I like "Hot Street", but I do think his vocals were much more powerful in "Slapstick."

The lyrics to "Slapstick" made me lol the first time I heard it though.
"Give me some slapstick (turnin' me on)"
But it's kind of cute.

So I guess I prefer "Hot Street" lyrically, but "Slapstick" for everything else.
Does that make sense?

makes perfect sense lol

Back