Skinhead Deadhead....

JustBeatIt91

Proud Member
In they dont really care about us Michael calls Skinheads dead heads that always kinda bugged me cause skinheads are not bad its the boneheads that are the racsist ones. Traditional Skinheads listen to ska and are the most unracsist people you will ever meet there were all kinds of skinheads race diddnt matter. You think Michael of all people would of known that

In they dont really care about us Michael calls Skinheads dead heads that always kinda bugged me cause skinheads are not bad its the boneheads that are the racsist ones. Traditional Skinheads listen to ska and are the most unracsist people you will ever meet there were all kinds of skinheads race diddnt matter. You think Michael of all people would of known that

I don't know what you are talking about but here in Europe Skinheads are a racist, far right wing group. Obviously these are the skinheads Michael is talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_power_skinhead

Skinheads started in 1960s England and were not racists I know what a neo Nazi skinhead is but it's not fair to label all skinheads as dead heads cause that's like saying all African Americans are gang members and that certainly is not true. There's a group called SHARP skinheads against racial prejudice those are true skins

Skinheads started in 1960s England and were not racists I know what a neo Nazi skinhead is but it's not fair to label all skinheads as dead heads cause that's like saying all African Americans are gang members and that certainly is not true. There's a group called SHARP skinheads against racial prejudice those are true skins

Maybe. But most people associate skinheads with the neo-nazi branch. It's clear MJ reflected to that in his song. And IMO it's not the same as African Americans. African-Americans are a race. Being a skinhead is a choice of lifestyle.

i should have figured someone would be offended by this..

i think that it was singular, not plural, and due to experiences in Michael's life. i am sure, that if a person did something traumatic to you, you would label all people like that person, even if it's not true, in the heat of the moment. sorta like women who think all men are bad, after having had some bad experiences with men, but eventually, the woman has some more relationships with men. the same with a man who says it about women, but then, later relates to some women. there is no way, that a person means all generalization. eventually, you would recover and relate to other members of people who did something traumatic to you. there is nobody in the world, who doesn't make a generalization, intitially by people that traumatized him or her. that doesn't mean they are truly generalizing. i think we all can discern the differnce. Michael's life and relations to people proves that he has no hate.

you are distinguishing, but you are being very specific, but you still admit that a certain region still has hate.

i just think you are putting it out that something is true about Michael, when it's apparent that it's not. if he said 'bonehead' instead of 'skinhead', like you said 'bonehead', a bonehead would come to you and tell you you are wrong, too, even if there was evidence to the contrary. that bonehead would say, that it isn't true about ALL boneheads. but that wouldn't change the fact that you just said that ALL boneheads are racist.

the fact is, there is a lot of hate in the world, and there are groups that have had people that represent that hate, and ALL the victims of the hate, at one time, or another, generalized, in the heat of the moment. none of us is exempt from that, becuase hate is a horrible thing, with vast effect. but i think we can tell when a person is truly racist, by the long term patterns in their life. and MJ demonstrated enough, in his life, that i believe your accusation is unfounded.

also, in the art of interpreting a song, there isn't a song in the world, that SOMEBODY doesn't find SOMETHING offensive about, just as another will find something to love about said song. all songs are subject to as many interpretations, as there are people in the world. so, in truth, you really can't prove that your interpretation of the song, is Michael's interpretation of the song.

Last edited:
just wanted to add, that the word "skinhead" is used in Russian (it's an adopted English word) to indicate Nazis.

:eek: i havent ever thought about it :lol: but i dont think it means anything like that :no:

Back