Singer who sounds like Michael

Ah, Foster Sylvers, lol. The Sylvers were a family group, but were brothers & sisters, and some of the group were adult like Leon. Leon later started a group called "Dynasty" and also was a writer and producer at SOLAR Records. He also did some stuff on Janet Jackson's 1st album. There were also some other youth groups back then like The Stairsteps, Sister Sledge, The Osmonds, The DeFranco Family, & Jackson Sisters (no relation).

When I was a casual MJ fan that did'nt follow everything he did, I thought Foster Slyvers was Michael Jackson singing a song called Misdemeanor. :(

I'm pretty embarrassed to admit that. :blush:

Tom Fox, sounds like Michael, the more r&b Michael, not the aggressive Michael, i think he's from autralia, not sure, a white guy, i think he copies Michael's voice a LOT

When I was a casual MJ fan that did'nt follow everything he did, I thought Foster Slyvers was Michael Jackson singing a song called Misdemeanor. :(

I'm pretty embarrassed to admit that. :blush:
He did have a slight resemblance. :p
sylvers01.jpg

I always felt Tevin Campbell had a little Michael to him
To me Ralph Tresvant reminded me more of Mike than Tevin.
Tevin was the bomb back in the day. I still don't understand why he let his career go to waste. The boy had promise.
Because he's not George Michael (although Tevin's situation happened before George's). Unfortunately, a lot of African Americans aren't that forgiving about what Tevin did.

Last edited:
What exactly did Tevin do?
The same thing George Michael did, Tevin got arrested for trying to solicit sex from an undercover male policeman. I think it was in 1994. A lot of the black community tends to be homophobic (especially now with the "keep it real" "gangsta" & "thug" images), and looks down on being homosexual or being "down low". Tevin put out an album after this happened but it got very little airplay and it went nowhere. So he became a "joke" and his career died. He recently got back in show business and is doing Broadway plays now.

Oh I agree , Do what I gotta do , Sensitivity ,Money can't buy you love are good examples .Tevin had his MJ moments too though
After his voice changed, I though Tevin sounded a little like Jermaine Stewart.

The same thing George Michael did, Tevin got arrested for trying to solicit sex from an undercover male policeman. I think it was in 1994. A lot of the black community tends to be homophobic (especially now with the "keep it real" "gangsta" & "thug" images), and looks down on being homosexual or being "down low". Tevin put out an album after this happened but it got very little airplay and it went nowhere. So he became a "joke" and his career died. He recently got back in show business and is doing Broadway plays now.

Thanks. I didn't know about that.

I always felt Tevin Campbell had a little Michael to him

Tevin was the bomb back in the day. I still don't understand why he let his career go to waste. The boy had promise.
TEVIN!?!?!!?!?! did somebody say Tevin Campbell???? :wub::wub::wub:
I made a thread about him :yes: *goes to look for it*

oh yeah, and I don't think Tresvant's 'sensitivity' sounds like MJ at all :no:

TEVIN!?!?!!?!?! did somebody say Tevin Campbell???? :wub::wub::wub:
I made a thread about him :yes: *goes to look for it*

oh yeah, and I don't think Tresvant's 'sensitivity' sounds like MJ at all :no:
Some of the notes not all of it lol

Ralph Tresvant did sound a LOT like MJ, but only in certain parts of his songs. Like when he goes "So what am I gonna do...." in "Do What I Gotta Do".

To me Ralph Tresvant reminded me more of Mike than Tevin.

Because he's not George Michael (although Tevin's situation happened before George's). Unfortunately, a lot of African Americans aren't that forgiving about what Tevin did.
actually it was George Michael's situation that happened first.

I don't think anyone sounds like Michael but they sort of give the vibe of young Michael and those two people are Ralph Tresvant (when he was younger) and Tevin Campbell.

As for older Michael.....he and Janet sound alike at times.

I miss Tevin, that boy is so full of talent and he was one of the few amazing child singers.

WOOOW!! ... They sound like Michael.. and the second video reminds me soooo much of Jackson 5 d;

Back