Singer & Songwriter Siedah Garrett talked about Michael Jackson (ABC Interview)

key info. MJ was in studio for 3 years before he even looked at her writting Man In The Mirror. So these past 2 years might not be all he spends in there this time;)

key info. MJ was in studio for 3 years before he even looked at her writting Man In The Mirror. So these past 2 years might not be all he spends in there this time;)

However since the trial it has been 3 years and MJ says he never stops creating and writing songs. So he could be close to finishing an album. He could still take a while yet too though if he is planning an album, a concert or tour, a short film, video clips etc going by what MJ has done in the past. Thing is we'll never know til he wants us too. Personally I dont think the MJ black out has been long enough and with T25 still going it wont for at least 9+ months IMO

infamous:rolleyes:

so..lol..where were the questions about Quincy Jones?

so..Garrett said she hasn't talked to him in twenty years. wow..

Last edited:
Well if u wanna go in patterns...lol...the first allegations cleared in 1993....it took MJ 2 years from then to make another album....

its really arbitrary to look at MJ's past patterns though except the fact that Mj takes a while to make an album lol

its really arbitrary to look at MJ's past patterns though except the fact that Mj takes a while to make an album lol

You can only base a person by their previous actions.

Right, and MJ's previous actions is taking a whillllee between albums. That's about it. U can't really tell how much a 'while' is, cuz they've varied over the years. Could be short as 2 years (in between the trial and History) or as long as 5 years (between BOTDF and Invincible, 6 if u don't count BOTDF lol). Or anywhere in between. so...yeah pretty arbitrary.

I like when she said that she can't wait until he comes back AND that when he goes on tour again, she is certainly going! That's a loyal person right der.

That was great. Siedah is one of those true blue to Michael and she acknowledges how brilliant he is, which is wonderful. Thanks for posting. I was happy to see her nomiated for both the Grammy and the Oscar. She's a fantastic songwriter.

A great and very positive interview about Michael. I have a lot of respect for Siedah Garret.

Siedah made a mistake saying see toured for a year and a half with Michael on the Bad Tour, because she wasn't on that tour (Sherly Crow was), she was toured with Michael on the Dangerous Tour.

As for Quincy telling Siedah Michael had been in the studio 3yrs before recording Bad. I think that's quite misleading. I know Michael started recording for the Bad album in 1986, so that would have ment Michael had been in the studio since 1983-86 during all of his promotion for the Thriller album, where Michael made not only made 2 (I think Billie Jean was filmed in 1982) music videos, but recorded songs for the Victory album, toured with The Jacksons for at least 6 months, wrote and recorded the his We Are The World, wrote and recorded 2 songs for Captain EO and filmed Captain EO. Oh yeah and co-wrote and recorded some vocals with Barry Gibb in 1985 for a song called Eaten Alive for Diana Ross. I think Michael was actually very productive before he actually started the Bad recording sessions in 1986.

I alsoknow Michael had finished recording the song Bad in 1986, because the Bad video was filmed in November 1986, and Michael filmed a Pepsi commercial with the song Bad in 1986.

I doubt Michael spends 3yrs or so holed up in a recording studio writing and composing lot's of songs with producers. It's far more likely Michael writes and composes demos at his home (or wherever he's living), and when he feels he as a number of great songs then he goes in to the studio with a producer and records higher quality demos etc. I'd say Michael spends no more than 2yrs in studios recording his albums. The Bad sessions where quite short from 1986-87, Dangerous sessions 1989-1991, History quite short 1994-95 and Invincible 1999-2001.

The media often mislead people in to thinking that the 6yrs between History and Invincible, is the amount of time Michael has spent recording his most recent album. When of course they forget about what Michael has done between that time, like touring for over a year, filming videos and "taking time off" from his career in music to be with his newly born son and daughter after the promotion of History between 1995-1997.

A great and very positive interview about Michael. I have a lot of respect for Siedah Garret.

Siedah made a mistake saying see toured for a year and a half with Michael on the Bad Tour, because she wasn't on that tour (Sherly Crow was), she was toured with Michael on the Dangerous Tour.

I'm not sure about this, but didn't Sheryl Crow participate in the first part of the Bad tour only? I saw the show in Gothenburg in 1988 but I can't remember who he did Can't stop loving you with. Could it have been Siedah in Europe?

Last edited:
That was very sweet!

I get a kick out of the interviewer's, once they know that you have had "some type" of connection to MJ, that's ALL they want to talk about. LOL!

Siedah just performed at the ASCAP award ceremony for Quincy, but the interviewer didn't even ask her about that function. She mainly wanted to talk about MJ.

(A friend of mine attend the ASCAP award show, here in New York and Siedah sang "Man In The Mirror.")

That was very positive, I'm surpsised for ABC... great to hear the reporter refer to Michael in such a positive light.

Thanks for posting this.

Ok, I can't watch the video because I do not have speakers. Can someone be so kind as to do a transcript? Thanks.

it would be cool to see a new colaboration between them.I love Man in the mirror!

mike wouldnt be too proud of her orange stingray bags. lol:p

Last edited:
Siedah is a great talent, i've always liked her. I would love for Mike & Siedah to work together again. Nice interview though, very positive . Thx for posting.

Justice, thanks so much for the video!
Could somebody please upload it on youtube? or make it available for download?

Back