Singer Ciara's new album is her last chance to acheive superstar stardom

billyworld99

Proud Member
Despite executive producing Ciara’s forthcoming ‘Basic Instinct’ project, The-Dream had some choice words about the ‘Ride’ singer in a recent interview with Parlour Magazine. More after the jump…

Parlour: You’ve just finished writing Ciara’s entire new album too. Is this really her last shot at pop stardom?

The-Dream: I think so. You only get so many times to, and I won’t say fail, but not achieve. There’s an expectation of where Ciara should be in her career. To others, she’s achieved but not to us, because we saw where her career was headed. But now she’s back on the horse. When she first came out I, like Lil Jon and Jazze Pha, understood exactly who she was. It was that whole Atlanta vibe because if i’m not Atlanta, no one is. I knew if I had a chance to get with her creatively, there’s a specific type of swagger that she’s got. Tricky and I did her whole album, but it’s not all shallow songs like “Ride.” There’s play time but there’s substance too, it’s a great listen.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2010/06/thedream-ciaras-chance/#more-15318

p.s. personally i think that's a bad move she pulled letting the dream write and produce her whole album even he did co-wrote single ladies, umbrella, and one time the first single that blew justin bieber up but he wrote and produce all of his 3 album and never had a # 1 hit or album plus he co-wrote and produce Mariah carey's memoirs of an imperfect angel and we all know how that album went, but he's really need to make some huge smashes for her so her career can be revived

I don't see any hope for her. I'm sorry if there are fans here but I really think her career is DOA.

Well her new singles Ride it and Speechless are pretty dope and their doing well in the charts, its just that she never releases a decent album (12-23 songs), and her kind of style of an artist is kinda of dated now,the whole Janet-Aliyah RNB swag chick dont appeal any more... people want a lady gaga/beyonce female artist

Back