Since Michael'sa death, does his music have a different meaning?

iboz75

Proud Member
Songs that you didn't like before, do you find yourself listening to them now? Falling in love with tunes all over again? getting a new meaning out of them? It's happening with me. Gone Too Soon was a song that I have dismissed all of these years, but now, I feel that he was singing more about himself than Ryan White.

So, what do you think?

All his songs have a much more deeper meaning. I get so emotional listening to them and the lyrics of some are just right to the point of what he was going through...

You Were There used to bring tears to my eyes...now, I the mere thought of the lyrics makes me cry because of how much they apply to Michael. I cant watch it just yet.

I keep trying but I can't really listen to MJ without feeling utterly gutted. I will be able to eventually I hope because these are all my favourite songs!

Oh yes definately, its like im hearing a lot of them for the first time again :\ lol

i used to cry watching and listenng before, whe he was still alive, his songs are so moving and meaningful, even more so now
i get very emotional
esp now

Now, i like all his songs. Every single one.
And when i now hear Heal the world, Human nature, Earth song, Gone too soon and all those other sensitive songs i really feel the emotion he brings over to people. It makes mé emotional.

Gone Too Soon was a song that I have dismissed all of these years, but now, I feel that he was singing more about himself than Ryan White.

So, what do you think?

yep, agree. the same with Eliabeth, I love you. Applies much better to michael himself than to elizabeth

A few days ago, I listened to the entire Invincible album with the lyrics in front of me. It was great. Songs like Heaven Can Wait, Speechless, You Are My Life, Privacy, Cry, The Lost Children, they all have a deeper meaning to me now. I plan to listen to all Michael's albums with the lyrics in front of me. It's like I'm hearing Michael's songs in a whole new way.

Songs that you didn't like before, do you find yourself listening to them now? Falling in love with tunes all over again? getting a new meaning out of them? It's happening with me. Gone Too Soon was a song that I have dismissed all of these years, but now, I feel that he was singing more about himself than Ryan White.

So, what do you think?

yes before the song "You are not alone" had a happy and exciting meaning, now it has a sad meaning at some parts of the song (why did you have to go and leave my world so cold, I didnt get a chance to say goodbye) and a comforting feeling at other parts. ( you are not alone I am here with you for ever and a day) You get the Idea of what I mean.

Will you be there is my joint favourite with Man in the Mirror and its made me so sad to hear it recently - then when they played his spoken part on the memorial that got me really teary.

Also 'Privacy' makes you even more sad for him and his life.

Last edited:
I keep trying but I can't really listen to MJ without feeling utterly gutted. I will be able to eventually I hope because these are all my favourite songs!

I am exactly the same I tried to listen to Speechless a few days after he died and couldn't stop crying.
I have always felt that Michael tries to communicate through his music to his fans.
I feel his later work especially the last album Invincible has much more of a personal spirtitual feel which I love.

"You are not alone" always moved me to tears and now especially as did "Smile"

By the way this is my first post so Hello everybody! I have been lurking on here for a while getting comfort from some of your posts and have finally found the courage to join in.

YES to all of your 3 questions. liking has turned to loving the songs. i use headphones a lot of times to listen to him doing the background vocals on some of his songs, too. i go to wiki to get info on his songs.

I am exactly the same I tried to listen to Speechless a few days after he died and couldn't stop crying.
I have always felt that Michael tries to communicate through his music to his fans.
I feel his later work especially the last album Invincible has much more of a personal spirtitual feel which I love.

"You are not alone" always moved me to tears and now especially as did "Smile"

By the way this is my first post so Hello everybody! I have been lurking on here for a while getting comfort from some of your posts and have finally found the courage to join in.

oh yes, SMILE makes me cry, even if only in my heart sometimes.

and welcome!

As I said in another thread "Will you be there" has a totally new meaning for me since his death. Sometimes Michael wrote songs those didn't come from his own experience but somebody else's or just he read something in a newspaper, but now you can tell which were songs from his own experience and feelings and "Will you be there" is a very strong song in that sense, IMO.

Morphine too, of course - but in a dark way, I don't like to listen to that song.

Oh I have exactly the same.
All the songs have such a different meaning, the lyrics seem even greater and I understand it all soooo much more!
Morphine is really awkward now, and Gone Too Soon is such a emotional one now. :(

And I love them every single one, even more.

Songs that you didn't like before, do you find yourself listening to them now?
Falling in love with tunes all over again? getting a new meaning out of them?
It's happening with me. Gone Too Soon was a song that I have dismissed all of these years,
but now, I feel that he was singing more about himself than Ryan White.

So, what do you think?
I was totally gonna start a thread about this very thing.

I do get different meanings and feelings as well, from many of his songs
now that he's not here. I hear them differently.

I still feel that GONE TOO SOON pertains to his friend RYAN, but as you know,
it applies to MJ as well and to anyone you've lost suddenly.
I requested that my brother's band play this song at his funeral last year and they did.
They did a beautiful job. :cry:

Little Susie.

Back